NEW TO THIS SITE....AND L-O-V-I-N-G IT!!!

michelle_8106
michelle_8106 Posts: 108 Member
edited September 27 in Introduce Yourself
Hi everyone! I am new to this site.....its the most inspirational and exciting thing. I have a general question since I am new. I just started my diet a month ago tomorrow.....but I just joined this site maybe a week ago. When I signed up I put in my current weight...and not what I was when I started my actual diet. What should I do? Go back and change it? or just leave it? I stared my diet at 302 pounds and as of today I am 275. :) Thanks for all your help! Good Luck to all!!!!! :)

Replies

• bmw4deb
    bmw4deb Posts: 1,324 Member
    Welcome, I love this site as well it really heklps!1
    I have my weight as hw- highest weight sw- starting weight
    and cw- current weight
  • AprilMLowe
    AprilMLowe Posts: 447 Member
    Hi,
    I love this site as well everybody is so supportive as well!
    I am glad you found this very useful site! I would just put the weight in that you were when you started this site! I will friend you to keep the weightloss journey going together! Keep up the good work!

April
  • ccckwalk
    ccckwalk Posts: 262
    It just depends on what motivates you. If you want to change it, go ahead. It is easy to do. You are doing so great! Keep it up! Add as many friends as you can and log everything, even the bad days. Never give up on being healthy! ~Corina
  • aslm
    aslm Posts: 71
    if it was me, I would put in my start weight your (302) and then "weigh in" and add in your current weight, so you can see all the progress your making iykwim
  • blueillusion3
    blueillusion3 Posts: 151 Member
    i think i'd go back and change it, so you can see the total weight you've lost (it would keep me motivated to continue going). great job so far and good luck!!!
  • luvmy2babies
    luvmy2babies Posts: 94 Member
    I actually started mine with the weight I was when I started my diet. Which was months before I found this site. Looking at my total amount loss overall, makes me feel really good and very motivated to keep going.

Everyone is different. Do what you think is best for you.
  • luvmy2babies
    luvmy2babies Posts: 94 Member
    i think i'd go back and change it, so you can see the total weight you've lost (it would keep me motivated to continue going). great job so far and good luck!!!
    AGREE!!!!!! Thats what I did, and it makes me feel great
  • cweiler4
    cweiler4 Posts: 374 Member
    Welcome!! This site is amazing! I would start with your heaviest weight and go from there. Good luck on your weight loss journey!! Great job so far!!
  • SexEmama
    SexEmama Posts: 3
    HI, My name is Angel. I actually started losing weight in Dec after my husband left me. I was 228.5 then. I am currently down to 211.6. My hubby and I are back together and I cant exercise much because I have to care for my dad. I mostly sit. My first goal is to lose another pants size (to 16) by the end of June. My hubby is in texas for 4 months at truck driving school so I would like to be more toned and sexy looking when he gets home. He loves me no matter how I look.
  • letsgetserious
    letsgetserious Posts: 140 Member
    for sure start with your starting weight....
    to see the progress you have made everyday that is motivation itself!!!
    You have done an awesome job so far...so keep it up

and THIS SITE IS A MUST HAVE.... it is sooo motivational and supporting...:love:

Feel free to add me as a friend in this journey :flowerforyou:
  • DESIREE1210
    DESIREE1210 Posts: 177 Member
    I say go back and change it. i just joined this site last week but I've been dieting for 8 months, so you bet I'm going with my starting numbers.
    Good luck to you.
  • SheliaN1960
    SheliaN1960 Posts: 454 Member
    Welcome and great job Michelle!!! You are right about this site. I was on vacation and just about went crazy because I was out to sea and could not read or record my food! Best wishes on your journey and friend me if you would like! I have great friends!
    Shelia
This discussion has been closed.