New and looking for support

MellyPfromVT
MellyPfromVT Posts: 869 Member
edited September 27 in Introduce Yourself
Hello! I am new to this tool and I am looking for support and accountability. I am trying to lose 2 lbs a week and am not exceeding my calorie goals and I am exercising. But, my weight is staying stagnant! I just would love some support and ideas. Being accountable to somebody is usually what gets me going! I have 73 pounds to go!

Replies

• It could be just water weight eventually you will go down on weight just keep doing what you doing. I don't now whats your workout like or you calorie intake.
  • cweiler4
    cweiler4 Posts: 374 Member
    Welcome! Good luck on your weight loss journey. Feel free to add me. It may be water and also the types of foods you are eating! I can't view your diary, but don't get discouraged!! Hang in there!!
  • MellyPfromVT
    Thanks! 1250 calories plus whatever I get for my morning run (45 minutes, mostly hills), which is usually about 500 calories. I try to only eat 3/4 of the calories I earn through exercise. I'm hoping to see movement soon. I am a very healthy eater. I cook most meal from scratch and eat a ton of veggies and fruit. Nothing processed for me!
  • themetra
    themetra Posts: 174 Member
    I'm with soldierboy - Don't get discouraged! Feel free to add me if you need support
  • MellyPfromVT
    Thanks! 1250 calories plus whatever I get for my morning run (45 minutes, mostly hills), which is usually about 500 calories. I try to only eat 3/4 of the calories I earn through exercise. I'm hoping to see movement soon.
  • jeninne
    jeninne Posts: 412 Member
    Welcome, this place is great. I have lost weight and gained muscle and best of all, friends!! feel free to add me to your friend list if you want. We all can benefit from encouragement :)
  • mishka88
    mishka88 Posts: 2
    Hello!

How much do you currently weight and what is your goal weight? Make sure the intensity level or your workouts is there and make sure you are eating enough calories. It's quite the balancing act, but if you just eat healthy and workout 5-6 days a week, the weight will eventually come off. I am a personal trainer and for my clients, I have them weigh themselves once a week just as a check up to see where they are, but if you are doing strength training, your weight may increase, but your clothes will fit better and you will be more compact because muscle is more compact than fat. If anything include a strength training program (2-3 days a week) and cardio program (5-6 days a week for 45 -60 min) into your workouts and don't stress about it:) Patience and perseverance is key.
This discussion has been closed.