Quick question about 30 Day Shred

Options
I just ordered Jillian Michael's 30 Day Shred on Netflix. I was wondering if I need to get weights or anything else for it while I wait for it to come in. Thanks in advance :)

Replies

• blh_1010
    blh_1010 Posts: 284 Member
    Options
    get 3lbs weights if you aren't use to weights (I am used to 5lb weights and that was really hard). Good luck! :) It will give you awesome results! :)
  • SenoraMacias
    SenoraMacias Posts: 305 Member
    Options
    You need light hand weights. I'm almost at the end of level 2, and I use 3lb weights. You really can't do the workout without them. Just be realistic and don't get weights you can't lift for high reps. You will use them for 3 minutes straight for each circuit of the workout, and there are 3 circuits per level.
  • acasey0123
    acasey0123 Posts: 640 Member
    Options
    I usually use 7-10 pound weights for lifting but I noticed Jillian was using 3 pound weights so I did that as well and ohhhh boy after one workout my arms are SO sore
  • SenoraMacias
    SenoraMacias Posts: 305 Member
    Options
    Oh wow I could not handle 5lbs!!! 3s kill me mid-way through the strenghth portion!
  • misslyssx
    misslyssx Posts: 87
    Options
    Thanks guys. I'll pick up some 3 pound weights asap :)
  • BreakOnThru
    BreakOnThru Posts: 66 Member
    Options
    This is good to know. I'm waiting for my 30 Day Shred dvd to arrive any day now in the mail. Hope it's as good as everyone says it is!
  • GaveUp
    GaveUp Posts: 308
    Options
    Thanks guys. I'll pick up some 3 pound weights asap :)

You may want to get 3 lb and 5 lb weights. When I do the chest flies the 3 lbs are to light for me.
  • GaveUp
    GaveUp Posts: 308
    Options
    This is good to know. I'm waiting for my 30 Day Shred dvd to arrive any day now in the mail. Hope it's as good as everyone says it is!

Ohhhh it is good. So good I can't do everyday. Enjoy!
  • crashta
    crashta Posts: 72
    Options
    I used a combination of 5lbs and 2lbs depending on the exersize. For a lot of the shoulder raise/fly type exersizes I used the lighter weights. For bicepts and tricepts I used the 5lb ones. When I was at my parents for the weekend I just used large cans of pasta sauce instead of taking my weights with me. It worked!

If you like 30 Day Shred once your done, I suggest trying Ripped in 30 next... it has 4 levels (7 days each) and never repeats the same exersize. I am just finishing Level 1 and am enjoying it so far. Good luck!
  • epj78
    epj78 Posts: 643 Member
    Options
    I'd start with 3 lbs - I find they are good for just about all the exercises (even if they feel light at first, they won't for long!). But, there are some that I use the 5 lb weights --- chest flies and the whole 2nd circuit of level 2 come to mind......at least I think it is the 2nd circuit......

I already had the weights though - if I was buying - I'd just get the 3 pound.

Also, you'll be on the floor doing ab work so if you want a mat for that -it isn't anywhere near essential though.
  • Wraiythe
    Wraiythe Posts: 786 Member
    Options
    She does use weights. I'm only on Level 1 but I am using 2 lb weights with it right now. I don't know if she ups the weight level or not, but if you can afford to grab some different poundages I would. That way you can always up it when you feel like it. She doesn't really say what weight you need just that you need weights.