Question about dealing with friends and challenges...

Options
2»

Replies

• real_eyes
    real_eyes Posts: 19
    Options
    If they're good friends who you're going to be seeing long term, I'd smile to myself and quietly forget about the whole thing. As you lose even more and more weight, It is only going to become more and more apparent to them that you've lost that 20lb and loads more.

Oh, and when you reach your goal, dress in something fabulous and have a get together and thank them sincerely for getting you started. There's NOTHING crueller than being nice to someone who doesn't deserve it. :bigsmile:

Oh, you are devious. hahah.

For those curious, the prize was this:
    The first person to reach the 20lb goal receives a dollar for every pound NOT lost by the other competitors. I could stand to make about $100 by telling people I've completed the challenge, but money isn't worth the grief!

My success is for me, not for anyone else... so you guys are right, I'll just brag here and feel good about my accomplishments instead of trying to give a hand when it's not wanted! =)
  • whitpsyd
    whitpsyd Posts: 13
    Options
    I totally understand! It's so frustrating to be on the other side when you've been trying to loose the weight and haven't been able to. Just keep being supportive and offering to help get together for a walk or what ever they may have time to help with. And... I agree... brag on here!
  • margie_77
    margie_77 Posts: 693 Member
    Options
    I know what you mean. I have a group of friends here in the 'real' world that seem to have problems being happy for each other. :(
  • christine24t
    christine24t Posts: 6,063 Member
    Options
    People get jealous honestly! Something like this happened to me, and I just decided their anger wasn't worth it and I kept working out for myself