Deja vu all over again...

Options
"You go back, Jack, do it again, wheels turning' 'round and 'round..." — Steely Dan :sad:

So here I am, doing it again. Another diet. Another shot at healthiness.

I weighed myself this morning and it's the second most I've ever weighed. Once I weighed 270 and today I was 255. I've been as low as 235 within the past year so things are obviously moving in the wrong direction for me. :noway:

I'm an expert. Sure, I've never succeeded... but I have tried every diet known to Barnes & Nobel.

Two years ago I really focused and lost quite a bit of weight. Then, well, Halloween came around and one or two Kit Kats won't hurt... then Thanksgiving where just one more scoop of Stove Top stuffing won't break the scale... then Christmas... and well, you get the picture.

Some of it is documented here: http://www.mrbeerbelly.com and here: http://www.twitter.com/misterbeerbelly

I'm looking for friends who want to go with me from twelve packs to six packs over the next several months.

In a strange way I hate to lose it. It cost me a lot of money to put it on! :drinker:

Cheers!

Replies

• ruenectar
    ruenectar Posts: 25
    Options
    Awesome! It's great to see you have a positive attitude about doing it again. I myself am at my heaivest point in my life and now its time to shed it. If not for myself, then for my son.
  • MisterBeerBelly
    Options
    Unfortunately, it's a hell of a lot easier putting it on than taking it off!

Are you following a certain diet or winging it on your own?
  • ruenectar
    ruenectar Posts: 25
    Options
    Yeah it is a LOT easier! LoL
    I'm doing it on my own. Idon't believe in the traditional beliefs of Dieting...rather in the understanding that the diet is your daily routine for life. I've already adjusted, but tend to cheat or overeat as I am trying to tune down to cooking for 2.5 (Me, my daughter & and my son). But man that Pizza tastes good. LoL I'm focusing on the calorie intke, fiber, protein and cutting as much unhealthy carbs and fat as possible.

Im basically eating more fish, legumes, and healthy fibers...but not leaving out things that taste good...one trick..sunflower seeds

Today I hope to get my excercise bike working again....we shall see!