Bringing dogs to your job

Options
Jellyphant
Jellyphant Posts: 1,400 Member
I've always wondered about what types of jobs allow their workers to bring their trained dogs to work with them.

Totally out of curiosity. :) What field of work? Do YOU bring your dog to work??

Replies

• jennmoore3
    jennmoore3 Posts: 1,015 Member
    Options
    I work as a Surgical Tech. no doggies at my work! LOL but I am interested in this as well.
  • patattheshire
    patattheshire Posts: 123 Member
    Options
    pet grooming and I have a friend who is a beautician and she bought a puppy from us and takes that there everyday she works she tells me the people love her and the little girl loves the company
    pat
  • craftylatvian
    craftylatvian Posts: 599 Member
    Options
    My aunt, who lives in San Rafael, California, works for a computer programming company and everyone brings their dogs to work.
  • angelarozmyn
    Options
    Brought my bearded dragon to work today! :) I work for a green builder/developer
  • DyannAlvarez
    DyannAlvarez Posts: 162 Member
    Options
    I'm actually very lucky and get to! Honestly I work from home and always have my Lhasa/Maltese mix, Missy, with me. She's my buddy till her "daddy" gets home then I'm chopped liver for him!
  • deeharley
    deeharley Posts: 1,208 Member
    Options
    My husband is a carpenter and he used to take our dog to work - he and his coworker even trained the dog to deliver short boards from one of them to the other and saved themselves some time.
  • Cait_Sidhe
    Cait_Sidhe Posts: 3,150 Member
    Options
    I'm a vet tech and I bring my dog to work. I also work 12 hour shifts, so it's not frowned upon to bring your dog to work when working such a long shift. He's the only dog I know who loves going to the vet. He thinks it's the best place on earth and everyone plays with him.
  • LuckyLeprechaun
    LuckyLeprechaun Posts: 6,296 Member
    Options
    I wish. I took my ferret to school once and let my students play with him, but they will never allow a dog on campus, too much liability (in their minds, my angel wouldn't ever do a bad thing in her life)
  • jennmoore3
    jennmoore3 Posts: 1,015 Member
    Options
    I'm a vet tech and I bring my dog to work. I also work 12 hour shifts, so it's not frowned upon to bring your dog to work when working such a long shift. He's the only dog I know who loves going to the vet. He thinks it's the best place on earth and everyone plays with him.

I agree. my dogs love, love the vet. Not sure why, but then again they love to go for a ride in my van anywhere. They know when it is time for the kids to take them to dog training. They get excited the second we pull into the leaders drive way! (my kids train them for 4-H). Dogs are too funny!
  • DESIREE1210
    DESIREE1210 Posts: 177 Member
    Options
    I work in an office and have had my dog in here for a few hours a week when she was a pup.