Child Bearing Hips!! Help!

Options
mseab71
mseab71 Posts: 69 Member
Hi All! So I have been working out since April and it is going wonderful. I am currently doing Jillian Michaels ripped in 30, walking, and I also do Zumba. My question is about my hips... Is there a particular exercise that I can do that will target my hips and help them to decrease in size or should I say width :smile: Believe me I am very proud of my four awesome sons but I do not have to have BIG HIPS to show how proud I am :smile:

If any of you have any good tips or ideas I would love to hear them! Thank you to everyone on MFP!! This website and all of your support has helped me to start achieving my goal and that truly means a lot!! Thank you and Good Luck to all of you on your journey!! :smile:

Michelle

Replies

• ms_magiana
    ms_magiana Posts: 11
    Options
    Congrats on your success! Doesn't it feel good to start exercising and stick with it?! I'm right there with you. I'm not an expert, but I have gotten results since January with the following butt-lifting and hip-shrinking exercises.

Cycling-- spinning classes.
    Body-weight exercises like squats, lunges, planks.

Pilates. Highly recommend!
    Good basic pilates video.... http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=l6XhsKVrkIE

Kettlebells! I've gotten the most noticeable results from doing Kettlebell swings. Intense, quick workouts, but FUN! Look them up on Youtube for some demonstrations if there are no classes in your area. check www.gymcondition.com Delaine Ross. She'll explain "why kettlebells" and also has several great instructional free videos on Youtube.

Have fun, keep it up ! :smile:
  • texasrebel83
    texasrebel83 Posts: 40 Member
    Options
    You can't "spot reduce". I had birthing hips before my kids and I swear they just got wider, after. I'm losing inches there by just doing cardio, nothing special, Zumba, elliptical, Turbo Fire when I can't get to the gym.
  • lipglossjunky73
    lipglossjunky73 Posts: 497 Member
    Options
    Just keep doing what you are doing - that waist will whittle away even more, and you will ROCK your hour glass figure!!! Hips are HOT!!!! Especially in Zumba!!!
  • mseab71
    Options
    Thank you so much!! I really appreciate all your helpful hints and suggestions!! MFP are the best!! :smile:

Michelle
  • Micheller1210
    Micheller1210 Posts: 460 Member
    Options
    I have a hour glass shape....hips tend to be wider,my trainer had me do leg squates,with or with out weights, lunges,and the smith machine, my hips have never been tighter or that slim, when I worked out back in the day. She worked me hard too
  • LG61820
    LG61820 Posts: 372 Member
    Options
    Hey, you pears, stop complaining! Men sing about you, "Baby Got Back","So Round So Firm So Fullly Packed". Name me one song about us apples. Nobody is singing about how a big belly and wide shoulders is turning him on!!!!!
  • mseab71
    Options
    You made me smile!! Now, to find a song that helps you apples :smile: Have an awesome day and Good Luck on your journey!

Michelle
  • jwd28
    jwd28 Posts: 765
    Options
    Hey, you pears, stop complaining! Men sing about you, "Baby Got Back","So Round So Firm So Fullly Packed". Name me one song about us apples. Nobody is singing about how a big belly and wide shoulders is turning him on!!!!!

Thanks for the smile. I have a classic pear shape and I'm trying hard to love my big ol' booty :)

I do have to say, though, that MANY of my apple shaped friends have GREAT LEGS. You know the kind that Zz Top sings about? "She's got legs, she knows how to use them"