15 more days to weigh in YAY

Options
kmphoto
kmphoto Posts: 7 Member
Apparently I have been counting calories now for 15 days and last week I started Bikram Yoga! I have to give myself a pat on the back because I am half way to my first goal and still going. My first goal being doing this for 30 days. I would love to lose 10 pounds by then, but am being realistic and hoping for 5. So long as I fall between 5 and 10. I haven't weighed myself yet and don't plan to until 30 days from my start date (15 more days to go, yay). I want to see results, and if I don't, like in the past, I will not feel the benefits and give up. So fingers crossed. I went to Bikram twice last week and so far so good. Already getting used to the heat, but the poses, oh my am I outta shape. Feel so pathetic, but looking forward to getting better and being able to participate more!

So this past weekend was rough. I cheated, bad, and all still while trying not to. I cheated on calories but still was aware of what I was eating. We went out and I ordered a salad and also an appetizer, Cheese Fundido, which I wish I had not because that and the apple martinis are what set me over. I calculated for the chips and dip and salad and skinny margaritas, but not the apple martinis and the cheese fundido was just something I realized I didn't need and set me over even though I allowed for it in my diet. Then there is Saturday, where again I calculated drinks and food but went WAY over at the poker game with the brownies, chips, and candies. Again all stuff I didn't eat. I allow myself one cheat night, so I don't feel so deprived. Basically, I can go over my calories for one meal a week. This time I did two meals. oppps. But, it is a learning process and I learned I like skinny margaritas (YAY) and I really didn't need the cheese fundido and I should have eaten more before Poker, lol. I brought veggies and ate all those, so I just needed more food. And calories add up so fast!

So to next week, a better weekend (gonna be hard being Memorial Day) and a skinnier me.

Replies

• mangos4music
    mangos4music Posts: 126 Member
    Options
    YOU CAN DO THIS! dont give up hope and you never know you may lose more than you expect!
  • KierstyPants
    KierstyPants Posts: 468 Member
    Options
    I would never be able to last that long.
    But the longer time can motivate you to kick butt so you have a really awesome result!
    I'm sure it will be great.
    for the going over on calories thing, don't sweat it.
    Just get back on track!
    i'm excited to see how well you do :D
  • cathys01
    cathys01 Posts: 221
    Options
    Just keep going cause you will get there!!
  • sla0814
    sla0814 Posts: 240
    Options
    I should wait to weigh myself in too, that's a great idea. I get so caught up in how much I weigh in that sometimes I weigh myself everyday.

Kudos to you! Keep up the great work!

God Bless
  • hopebuck
    hopebuck Posts: 138
    Options
    yah, i should wait too. I'll weigh in and get excited that i lost and then i'll over eat and then forget the loss...it's a crazy vicious cycle! i'd love to see how you are doing, and i can't wait for your weigh in in 15 days...maybe you can add me as a friend :) I only have one on here :) and we've been online accountability buddies for 6 years...NEVER met :) ha!

anyway, you are doing great!