im having a hard time staying motivated

Options
im really having a hard time staying motivated with dieting and exercising right now.. ive lost 6 pounds and now because ive been really weak being the fact i just found out im anemic.. im so tired and don't wanna do anything but i still need to lose another 20 pounds! ugh i need some advice and help :(

Replies

• almonds1
    almonds1 Posts: 642 Member
    Options
    Vitamins like (folic acid) or subcutaneously (vitamin B-12) will replace specific deficiencies...try some orange juice with that for Vit C?
    remember Cabs = Energy if your are tired
  • cathys01
    cathys01 Posts: 221
    Options
    Did the doctor give you anything to take for the anemia? I hope so, but in the meantime, try to stay positive, you have lost 6 lbs and that is a lot. Tomorrow is another day and hopefully it will be better for you. Add me if you like as I would like to know how you are making out. Cathy
  • ShellyMacchi
    ShellyMacchi Posts: 975 Member
    Options
    sounds like you need to be taking an iron supplement then.

i have same problem (low iron) and since taking supplemental i feel much better *S*
  • soldierboy00
    Options
    like csally01said tomorrow is another day, this is something your doing for yourself be proud of you have acomplish 6lbs 20 to go is not eassy for anybody to do this loose 4 lbs and watch how your motivation comes back.
  • BadgerGirl1016
    Options
    Address your energy issues first. Are you getting enough:
    WHOLE PROTEIN (try a very small steak filet or hard boiled egg);
    IRON (for women this is often an energy drainer, eat some liver or take some iron pills)
    CALCIUM ( low calcium can cause sluggishness, include non-fat dairy in your diet)

Exercise can be energizing:
    Can you find a pretty place to take a leisurely walk? Is there a nice park or garden near by? Take a leisurely walk for pleasure while listenint to your favorite music. Gentle exercise boosts energy.

Photographs are a motivator for me. Try having a friend take a photo in the same pose every week, you will see amazing progress.

keep up the good work, good health and energy is on the way!