Kettlebell + Squats=pain.

yankeefamily05
yankeefamily05 Posts: 657
edited September 27 in Fitness and Exercise
I did the Bob Harper Kettlebell on Thursday. I was a little sore. I decided to do it again tonight. After the stretching, the squats start. When I added the kettlebell in, my left knee started popping, didn't hurt though. Than it started hurting. I immediately quit doing the workout. I swear I am the posterchild for pain in the last 2 weeks. I don't know what is going on. First it started with my neck pain, still happening. Every morning I wake up, My neck and shoulders are as hard as a rock. I have tried changing pillows...nothing will take it away. Now the knee pain, It isn't swollen or anything, I think I may give it a rest for tonight. I have never had knee problems. What could this be?

Replies

• sammys1girly
    sammys1girly Posts: 1,045 Member
    Are you about 40?? Just kidding. I just turned 40 and although I ran and did all kinds of sports in high school with almost no injury, I am jumping from one injury or pain area to the next. Now I'm on crutches from running and doing something to my knees. And that Bob Harper video is HARD. I did it once and could hardly move for three days. I would take it easy on your knee as I went ahead and ran my 5K and within minutes afterwards I couldn't put any weight at all on it.:grumble: If I were you, I would rest it or just do some slower walks or something non high impact for a few days so you don't do yourself in like I did.
  • FabulousFifty
    FabulousFifty Posts: 1,575 Member
    :heart: Listen to your body....do a more gentle exercise routine. Try Pilates and Yoga. Do you have the Leslie Sansome, "Walk Away the Pounds" DVD? You don't have to go to bootcamp to burn cals....you just have to move it! Be kind to your body and listen to it....AND....go and schedule a message. It will be great for body and mind! :) Think I will too! :wink:
  • :heart: Listen to your body....do a more gentle exercise routine. Try Pilates and Yoga. Do you have the Leslie Sansome, "Walk Away the Pounds" DVD? You don't have to go to bootcamp to burn cals....you just have to move it! Be kind to your body and listen to it....AND....go and schedule a message. It will be great for body and mind! :) Think I will too! :wink:

<3 that idea!
  • Are you about 40?? Just kidding. I just turned 40 and although I ran and did all kinds of sports in high school with almost no injury, I am jumping from one injury or pain area to the next. Now I'm on crutches from running and doing something to my knees. And that Bob Harper video is HARD. I did it once and could hardly move for three days. I would take it easy on your knee as I went ahead and ran my 5K and within minutes afterwards I couldn't put any weight at all on it.:grumble: If I were you, I would rest it or just do some slower walks or something non high impact for a few days so you don't do yourself in like I did.

Haha! I am only 26. But I feel like I could be 60 sometimes LOL:)... I have been working REALLY hard. I run on the elliptical 5 days a week. That doesn't give me any knee pain or anything. I also really push myself. My husband even suggested that maybe I am just overdoing it a little. I will settle for some Yoga tomorrow instead of the kettlebell. Maybe I am just not ready for it.
  • karleen
    karleen Posts: 260
    omg i just got this dvd and a kettleball last week, did it once and was in so much pain for 3 days i looked sillly even walking!!!
  • omg i just got this dvd and a kettleball last week, did it once and was in so much pain for 3 days i looked sillly even walking!!!

Last time I did it I barely could walk for days after it. But it does get better. I think the first time is the worst time.
  • legacysh
    legacysh Posts: 464
    I do kettlebell with a trainer, and its really easy to do it with bad alignment, so be careful not to overextend or not keep your posture aligned because you can get hurt pretty easily. It takes me about 3 days before I feel like I move normal again after each session. This is intense stuff. But it is a great workout. I haven't seen the dvd workout, but I'm sure there is stuff there about that too. You could have just stressed your knee. Mine pop like crazy. Take it easy for a day or two.
  • rachelhohenbrink
    rachelhohenbrink Posts: 179 Member
    I do the jillian michaels kettlebell workout and it is hard on your knees. You probably need to do the exercises in a more beginner stage. Do not get down all the way into this squat start up higher till you get use to it. You should always start out doing squats with no weight at all until you build strength. Squatting and lunging are hard on the knees and are an exercise that should be built up to. Also muscles need rest to rebuild so you may want to take a day of rest in between each kettlebell workout. Thai going for a walk or something with less impact in between days.
  • karleen
    karleen Posts: 260
    omg i just got this dvd and a kettleball last week, did it once and was in so much pain for 3 days i looked sillly even walking!!!

Last time I did it I barely could walk for days after it. But it does get better. I think the first time is the worst time.

ill try again then! ive been too scared to try haha but ive been so bad lately with eating and not working out i just need something to get me back into it!
This discussion has been closed.