New member going into the military

Options
Got addicted to MFP by a fellow user and friend. I love it! It's easier than writing everything down in a notebook...for some reason.

Anyways I'm on my way to joining the Marines, but I've been in a fat loss plateau for awhile now and it's killing me.

Exercising is not an issue for me, PT is the highlight of my day. It's the nutrition. I drink enough water for sure. I don't eat a lot of sugar and I limit grains. I get a lot of conflicting information how many calories to eat a day, how much I need to make up for the calories I burned during a workout, etc etc.

Anyways I like walks on sandy beaches at dusk or dawn, hiking, star gazer lilies, anything science and film related topics, and I'm a big fan of crass and bad humor.

Replies

• FabulousFifty
    FabulousFifty Posts: 1,575 Member
    Options
    Hey you...thanks for serving our country! Good for you for setting high goals for yourself. You should be very proud of yourself...we are proud of you!
    Salute! :heart:
  • gusto80
    gusto80 Posts: 28
    Options
    I'm prior Air Force and I am sure that the Marines have a more strict fitness program, but this site should help you to get a great jump start on the Marines. Good luck to you!!!
  • Solomonre0
    Solomonre0 Posts: 143 Member
    Options
    Don't worry about the water thing at bootcamp. You always have the silver bullet if you pass out from dehydration. And they'll make everyone drink water until they puke if they do if anyone does pass out because of it.

Remember that bootcamp is just a giant mind game. Try to find humor in the situation most of it is just really f***ing ridiculous.

Also, remember that Bacon Bites are your friend. Have a cheeseburger for dinner... add baco's and you've got a bacon cheese burger!! :D
  • plentyoo7
    plentyoo7 Posts: 38
    Options
    Don't worry about the water thing at bootcamp. You always have the silver bullet if you pass out from dehydration. And they'll make everyone drink water until they puke if they do if anyone does pass out because of it.

Remember that bootcamp is just a giant mind game. Try to find humor in the situation most of it is just really f***ing ridiculous.

Also, remember that Bacon Bites are your friend. Have a cheeseburger for dinner... add baco's and you've got a bacon cheese burger!! :D

Hahaha! The next time I eat a burger (maybe Memorial Day?!) I'll see if I can pull that off.
  • plentyoo7
    plentyoo7 Posts: 38
    Options
    I'm prior Air Force and I am sure that the Marines have a more strict fitness program, but this site should help you to get a great jump start on the Marines. Good luck to you!!!

They do have a very strict regime but I enjoy it. The PFT isn't too bad and it sucks seeing poolees who struggle with the IST and get shipped out before I do just because I'm well fatter. BUt it is what it is and I'm working hard to get shipped out, the sooner the better.

Thank you for your service!