roller skaters???

Options
xtinalovexo
xtinalovexo Posts: 1,376 Member
i just recently started roller skating (quads) and i must say i love it and am quite addicted! anyone else roller skate?

Replies

• rmhand
    rmhand Posts: 1,067 Member
    Options
    i'm an inline skater (rollerblader). love to get out in the sun and hit the sidewalks.
  • tukrainets
    tukrainets Posts: 119
    Options
    i just found out how affective inline skating *(rollerblading) is for burning calories.. soon as the sun comes up, that will be my workout of choice! for my weight it ranges 1050 calories per hour!
  • LorinaLynn
    LorinaLynn Posts: 13,248 Member
    Options
    I would love to skate again, but my very hilly, high traffic neighborhood isn't an option, and the only roller rink is filled with little kids.

I considered looking into the local roller derby team, until I met a few of the roller girls and they scared the bejesus out of me! Nice girls, but walls of muscle!
  • AFitasticYou
    AFitasticYou Posts: 170
    Options
    My husband and I skate with the kids! Once they started wanting to go all the time, we both bought a pair of quads! I'm not the best, but I get around! lol
  • xtinalovexo
    Options
    it's killing my feet for starters! but it seems to work my back also and its much more fun than walking.
  • Mishy
    Mishy Posts: 1,551 Member
    Options
    Me me me!

Soon I'll be getting a new pair of skates because I need an update and the newer styles are sweeet. (I also do inline skating)
  • xtinalovexo
    Options
    anyone have arch pain while skating?
  • Mishy
    Options
    anyone have arch pain while skating?

Yes - as well as my ankles, this has gotten better the more I skate though.
  • plentyoo7
    plentyoo7 Posts: 38
    Options
    I played roller derby for six years but I now just skate for leisure. It's a great fun workout!
  • Mishy
    Options
    I don't know how good this workout actually is, I came across it as I was adding "likes" to my Facebook page tonight but since it is applicable to this post . . .

Roller Derby Workout :)

http://www.rollerderbyworkout.com/getacopy.html

I think I'm going to get it because I like to change up my workout routine.
  • xtinalovexo
    Options
    I don't know how good this workout actually is, I came across it as I was adding "likes" to my Facebook page tonight but since it is applicable to this post . . .

Roller Derby Workout :)

http://www.rollerderbyworkout.com/getacopy.html

I think I'm going to get it because I like to change up my workout routine.

lol, those girls are scary!
  • AromaticTie0
    AromaticTie0 Posts: 8 Member
    Options
    I used to rollerblade 16 miles every other day. Arch pain didn't come until I switched brand and style of boot. I had no problem in a cheapo pair of hard boots, but when I switched to a premium pair of K2 soft boots, I couldn't go more than a mile without cramping up and pain. Eventually I was able to break my feet into them, but they never were right for me.
  • sanura
    sanura Posts: 459 Member
    Options
    I've had a pair of roller skates for a while, but I'm so afraid of breaking something, I've never been outside with them!!!!!
  • xtinalovexo
    Options
    I've had a pair of roller skates for a while, but I'm so afraid of breaking something, I've never been outside with them!!!!!

i roller skate in a smooth parking lot with a big track- like circle, so i wont fall lol. eventually ill move to more challenging terrian.
  • LittleD311
    LittleD311 Posts: 618 Member
    Options
    I used to roller blade all the time, and I so need to buy a new pair for the summer and start blading again! Thanks for reminding me! =D
  • nevakeelin
    nevakeelin Posts: 10
    Options
    oh i love roller blading. i really wanna get new roller blades that fit better. mine are a little big and i think i'd be better with tighter fitting ones.
  • efrazier3835
    Options
    I bought a pair of quad skates 3 weeks ago. I've only fallen 3 times! Smooth falls (I was cute with it) I skate on any smooth surface I can find outside. I love it! My thighs are feeling it - I hope my core is getting a work out! I would power walk at lunch but now I can't wait to skate!
  • bflicker11
    bflicker11 Posts: 296
    Options
    I LOVE roller skating!!! I just did it and loved the burn in my outer thighs.