Insanity & No recovery Formula

Options
bgtorres
bgtorres Posts: 186 Member
I just finished my first month of Insanity & never took the recovery formula. I always felt beat tired & just now bought some vitamins to see if it helps with my tiredness. Do you guys think the recovery formula really helps? Has anyone here done Insanity without the recovery formula & went just fine without it???

Replies

• kkauz42
    kkauz42 Posts: 537 Member
    Options
    I just started my 2nd month and I haven't had any formula. My body definitely feels dead but I think that just happens. I usually have a protein shake after.
  • Tiggerrick
    Tiggerrick Posts: 1,078 Member
    Options
    It's just a protein shake. You can have any you like. It just replaces some of the calories you've burned. Feeling beat tired after an insanity DVD is probably normal. It kicks my *kitten*.
  • Mando55
    Mando55 Posts: 140
    Options
    I didn't use their recovery formula and I did fine. There was recently another post about how you can make your own recovery drink that is pretty much the same as beach bodys but cost less.

Here is the link to that thread.

http://www.myfitnesspal.com/topics/show/241980-insanity-recovery-drink?hl=insanity+recovery#posts-3196139
  • biged335
    biged335 Posts: 734
    Options
    I take a protein shake after to get some of my calories back. It can also help with soreness and rebuilding your muscles.
  • bgtorres
    bgtorres Posts: 186 Member
    Options
    Lol ok I thought I was the only one. I do drink my protein shake right after I finish my workout. I feel so bad sometimes becuse my hubby wants his ummm...(time) & I'm always dead tired. I try though, lol.
  • aanaya56
    aanaya56 Posts: 136
    Options
    I just started Insanity today so if anyone can shed some light on the recovery formula it would be fantastic... I heard a long time ago that the recovery formula isnt good for people who are trying to lose weight.. Never tried it though..
  • xoDDC
    xoDDC Posts: 33
    Options
    i didnt drink a recovery formula which i have heard its pretty much a protein shake like a few peopl on here said....if you arent used to this type of workout the first month or even first round of insanity you will be dead beat tired!! goodluck and keep up the good workout you are half way there :)
  • seesaey
    seesaey Posts: 231
    Options
    I'm not doing Insanity but I'm doing TurboFire and my husband is doing p90x. We felt so dead, drained, dragging, sore everyday for a month. We finally decided to try the recovery drink (we are skeptics!). We drank it for two or three days after our workouts and we felt a crazy difference. We have energy afterwards and no longer feel drained. I used to have a protien shake afterwards but the drink makes me feel a hundred times better. We are both sold on it. If you have questions about it feel free to message me. We both recommend it and continue to use it after each workout!!
  • sunkissedyoga
    sunkissedyoga Posts: 3 Member
    Options
    I'm almost finished with the First month of insanity with out any recovery formula, and have been fine. Actually, At the same time as insanity I'm training for a 10K so I'm also running 20-25 miles a week. I read on runner world that a DIY snack for long runs is eating fat free fig newtons. Figs are a super food and the cookies give you the perfect balance of carbs and sugars to replenish your body. I have been eating 2 cookies before and after workouts and runs have not felt "so out of gas". Plus they are cheep and delicious! just an idea, it works for me!
  • aanaya56
    aanaya56 Posts: 136
    Options
    I'm almost finished with the First month of insanity with out any recovery formula, and have been fine. Actually, At the same time as insanity I'm training for a 10K so I'm also running 20-25 miles a week. I read on runner world that a DIY snack for long runs is eating fat free fig newtons. Figs are a super food and the cookies give you the perfect balance of carbs and sugars to replenish your body. I have been eating 2 cookies before and after workouts and runs have not felt "so out of gas". Plus they are cheep and delicious! just an idea, it works for me!

What kind of cookies do you eat?
  • kadye
    kadye Posts: 136 Member
    Options
    I have started mixing my protein powder in G2 gatorade and I feel better than when I was just having it with water. Gatorade also has a recovery drink that's pretty much the right ratio of carbs to protein. I know Gatorade isn't ideal, but it's a whole lot cheaper than Beachbody's recovery drink.
  • DanceMomCG
    DanceMomCG Posts: 47 Member
    Options
    My husband is on round 3 of Insanity and has never used the recovery formula. He'll eat a Power Bar an hour before and then usually eats a normal dinner after the workout.
  • Insanity650
    Options
    I am on my second month week 2 for me. I feel a little worn out after all this time. I feel great though. my diet is bananas oranges apples. tuna(add and mix mayonnaise ) and crackers. almond milk and water. The insanity workout is awesome and does not require you to actually buy the recovery drink. just watch what you eat and give it everything you got during the work out. I also add a 2 mile run at a moderate pace after the work out for the reason I bought the program is to get an awesome core
  • audgurl
    Options
    Does anyone know if chocolate slim fast may also work in place of protein shakes or recovery drinks?
  • JayLoLo253
    Options
    Ummm i going to start my program 2morrow and it was loaned by my friend and its missing the plyometric disk is it possible to substitute the disk with the max interval plyo? please let me know that would be great?
  • denisevlogs
    Options
    You can actually find all of the workouts for free on youtube. It's not the actual videos but there's a girl that does a really good job at showing you the exercises while having the audio from the dvd in the background. You can use that video for the day that you're missing.
  • stacebobs
    stacebobs Posts: 2 Member
    Options
    Iv just completed week 1 month 1 of insanity don't have recovery formula I do my workouts first thing in the morning I have scrambled eggs (1yolk and 3 whites) after it then I have a homemade smoothie (berries/bananas and natural yoghurt) about 2 hours later Iv found that works for me , guess everyone is different enjoying it although bin a tough week and very sore need to build up major strength with the push up ones ! Looking forward to rest day tomorrow !
  • Dozer71
    Dozer71 Posts: 11 Member
    Options
    Booklet states recovery drink with 4:1 carb protein ratio to help replace glycogen after cardio. Chocolate milk has this ratio and the other day saw professional Aussie Rules footballers drinking it after their game. A sports doctor then stated on the telecast that it was good for recovery. I have sustagen and it seems to go OK. Both much cheaper alternatives.
  • speddy87
    Options
    I being doing insanity for 2 months, I lost weight but I would like to build muscle but no gain weight, I would like to have beautiful legs :) and butt lol :) what can I drink??