Weekend Self Control!!

Options
Anyone have any good ideas for not pigging out on the weekends? I seem to do fine when I have work to break up my day, but on the weekends I have more time to do things like eat toooo much!!!

Replies

• aleek118
    aleek118 Posts: 3
    Options
    ihave the sammmme exact problem! only thing that works for me is not being near the kitchen and/or keeping busy!
  • PhoenyxRising
    PhoenyxRising Posts: 68 Member
    Options
    I don't have any tips really- because I am in the same boat you're in. Hoping people post some good responses to you so I can get some ideas as well. The only thing I can suggest really is that it gives you more time to exercise also, so try and find something lower impact that takes less time such as a walking trail, a bike ride, or a game of football or softball with the family or some friends.... thats what I usually do. Also, if you're at all like me and get invited to a ton of BBQ's during the weekends, try to remember that simply leaving off the bun cuts out 100 or so calories from a hamburger and try to avoid the potato salad or anything else along those lines. Sorry I couldn't be of more help!
  • nancymmorris
    nancymmorris Posts: 310
    Options
    Plan your weekend meals just like you plan your week days. Friday night I prepare my meal for saturday just like the rest of the week. Sunday is my cheat day so it is not as well planned but I still try to make better choices.
  • lallaloolly
    lallaloolly Posts: 228 Member
    Options
    more time to eat means more time to move!! i always try to move more to compensate for more calories on the weekends. also, if you take a weekly day off from your fitness routine, try keeping that day off on a weekday when you have more daily structure to keep you in line.
  • lisa0913
    lisa0913 Posts: 22
    Options
    I have my weigh in on Friday morning. That gives me a little cushion for the weekend. If I mess up a little, it gives me time to exercise more and make up for my mistakes before the next weigh in comes around.
  • horsiegall
    horsiegall Posts: 70
    Options
    I always plan alot of activities for the weekend that way I'm not snacking with the kids! There is always things to do if you look hard enough
  • MisMolly
    MisMolly Posts: 89 Member
    Options
    I completely agree that weekends are tough. It helps me to have "go to" low calorie snacks on hand and have activities planned. That keeps the mindless snacking/ accidental overeating in check. But Sunday family dinners and Saturday night six packs and pizza are still hurdles for me :( I also moved both of week's high calorie days (I zigzag my calories) to the weekend if I need to. I don't know if that is a smart move or if it will hurt me in the long run.
  • JulsDiane
    JulsDiane Posts: 349 Member
    Options
    I personally try to stay as close to the same schedule as possible and stay busy....whether it's doing things around the house or shopping, I try not to just be idle. I log everything, good or bad, unless I have decided before hand that it's going to be a day off. I try to actually have those through the week however AND since I work from home when I am not traveling weekends aren't all that different for me.