Getting back on track

Options
Hey everyone! I'm new to MFP but not new to the weight loss journey. I am a mother of 4 wonderful children, but after the birth of my youngest, I was over 200 lbs. Not a pretty picture...lol. I was disgusted with myself. So I started counting calories and exercising irrregularly (with four small children it was hard finding time to exercise) and drinking lots of water. Before long, I had lost 70 lbs. and was in a size 8 jean. I felt fabulous! By then I was exercising regularly and felt great. I'm not really sure what happened, but I quit exercising and started eating all the wrong foods. Before long, I found that I had gained back about 30 lbs. I was not happy with myself, so I have determined that it's time to get back on track and get back into those "skinny" jeans. :smile: I am looking forward to making new friends who can help encourage me and keep me motivated and I can do the same for them.

Replies

• QueenHanifa
    QueenHanifa Posts: 180 Member
    Options
    welcome! this is the place to get the support you need to stay motivated and be held accountable.Please feel free to add me,and good luck on your journey to a healthier you!
  • dls06
    dls06 Posts: 6,774 Member
    Options
    Welcome and Good Luck. You can do it. Make sure you log on every day and be honest. Start out slow and eat as close to whole as you can. Watch salt and fat. Stay away from processed foods, fast food restaurants and refined sugars. Don't drink your calories, drink water. You will do great.
  • kchris125
    kchris125 Posts: 11
    Options
    Welcome! I'm pretty new here but so far this site has helped me tremendously and everyone is so encouraging. I'm on the same journey you are on. Please feel free to add me. I love the company and motivation! Good luck!
  • xxquzme
    xxquzme Posts: 157 Member
    Options
    You sound just like many of us on here, including myself. I also look to get back into the groove that made me so successful in the past. Stay on track and do the best that you can. Dont be afraid to ask questions and chime in when you have an answer. Welcome and good luck.