Thought I would give this another try

Options
Hey everyone! I just joined MFP a little while ago. I have struggled with losing weight for the last few years. Growing up everyone told me I needed to gain weight. This results in the development of some very bad nutritional habits. It wasn't until I was in my late 30's that my weight became a problem. I think this has happened because my kids grew up, I grew into a desk job, and I didn't need to run nonstop all the time. When the kids were little, I never ever sat down. That is how I kept the weight off. I just kept moving. Now, I'm too tired to move and too fat to try. I actually have worked out in a gym for the last couple of years. I manage to maintain my weight but not lose. Then if I stop for any period of time, my weight skyrockets. Then I am back to square one only two steps behind. I really am looking forward to working with this site and losing weight with everyone here. Would love lots of encouragement and help staying on track!!

Replies

• alohabrie
    alohabrie Posts: 204
    Options
    This is a great place to be. Keep your eye on the forums for inspiration and trouble shooting. I think the best way to succeed here is to commit to tracking your food intake daily and make sure you have some exercise goals that push you. Good luck!
  • NWfluffy
    NWfluffy Posts: 48 Member
    Options
    Welcome! I've been on the site a whole week ;) and thinks it's awesome. The support is great and the site itself makes it amazingly easy to track what you eat. Just be totally honest with yourself and you'll be amazed at how it works. Good luck!