stationary bike

Options
ANeWcRe8N
ANeWcRe8N Posts: 1,180 Member
Ok so was looking into getting one and wanted some thought on the fan type of exercise bikes.... anyone own or used one before? How did you like it?

Replies

• hush7hush
    hush7hush Posts: 2,273 Member
    Options
    I love the ones at my gym!!
  • MelleyJ
    MelleyJ Posts: 198
    Options
    Have you thought of getting a regular bike and a "trainer"? That's what I did, so I could ride my bike outside by the lake when the weather is nice, or inside on my trainer when the weather is bad. I love it... the trainers run about $100-$500, depending on the bike you get and the trainer you want. My bike was about $300 (very nice Trek) and the trainer I would use is only about $100. Cheaper than a regular bike, easy to use, and versatile. Plus, you can store easily in the garage when you don't want it sitting out and the trainer folds up nicely and can store under a bed, in a closet, etc. Check it out at your local bike store!
  • ANeWcRe8N
    ANeWcRe8N Posts: 1,180 Member
    Options
    Have you thought of getting a regular bike and a "trainer"? That's what I did, so I could ride my bike outside by the lake when the weather is nice, or inside on my trainer when the weather is bad. I love it... the trainers run about $100-$500, depending on the bike you get and the trainer you want. My bike was about $300 (very nice Trek) and the trainer I would use is only about $100. Cheaper than a regular bike, easy to use, and versatile. Plus, you can store easily in the garage when you don't want it sitting out and the trainer folds up nicely and can store under a bed, in a closet, etc. Check it out at your local bike store!

ah good idea thanks... its funny cause my sister mentioned something like this to me today but I didnt really understand what she was talking about lol. She was telling me how some guy she knew uses his regular bike to exercise on and I was just like hmm ok lol... now i get it haha :laugh:
  • TromaRon
    TromaRon Posts: 228 Member
    Options
    I have a Diamondback recumbent bike & love it. Has more electronic settings than I use. But I like the random hills settings the best. Has the lots of the features I like on gym Lifecycles, but a lot more affordable.