Nutrition ??, educated answers plz

Options
I wish to stop burning any fat for the next three days or so. Will simply eating maintenance level calories accomplish that goal, or should I eat specific levels of...what? I have been counseled that if I eat carb-heavy, I will accomplish my goal of not burning up any fat, but the source of that info is questionable.

My reasons are irrelevant, and I will be back to normal in a few days, but for the mean time...any educated folks that can shed some light?

Replies

• airraidsiren
    Options
    Easiest way to not burn fat is to keep your insulin elevated. Easiest way? Lot's of high glycemic carbohydrates. Of course, cutting them out will help you resume body fat loss. Good luck. ;):bigsmile:
  • LuckyLeprechaun
    LuckyLeprechaun Posts: 6,296 Member
    Options
    so pasta, bread, etc. ? What about sugars?
    Thanks for helping out :)
  • PediDocChicago
    PediDocChicago Posts: 26 Member
    Options
    If you eat an amount equal to your total expenditure, then your metabolism should be neutral (i.e. not burning fat).
    Doesn't really matter what type of stuff you eat.
  • LuckyLeprechaun
    Options
    "they" said proteins will be counterproductive to this goal. Do you disagree?

Thanks so much for your advice!
  • LuckyLeprechaun
    Options
    bump for more input please!
  • Tiggerrick
    Tiggerrick Posts: 1,078 Member
    Options
    Proteins are NOT free calories. They do turn into fat if not used. You should be able to have a zero fat loss if you eat as many calories as you spend.
  • Glucocorticoid
    Glucocorticoid Posts: 867 Member
    Options
    Eating at your maintenance caloric intake = maintenance. Meaning you will not gain or lose weight. Do you know how to calculate your maintenance intake?
  • LuckyLeprechaun
    Options
    If I change my goals on MFP that should tell me the number I'm aiming at, right?
  • Glucocorticoid
    Glucocorticoid Posts: 867 Member
    Options
    Doubtful. Here is a better approach. Read this:
    http://www.bodyrecomposition.com/fat-loss/how-to-estimate-maintenance-caloric-intake.html

EDIT: Also, be advised that if you have been dieting for a while, and then you drastically increase caloric intake, particularly increasing carbs after being on a low-carb diet - you will see an initial jump in weight - rest assured, this is simply water weight that will go away in a few days.
  • chrisdavey
    chrisdavey Posts: 9,835 Member
    Options
    Being only 3 days you aren't going to lose a heap or gain a heap unless you were to do something drastic.

If you currently have MFP set at 1lb/week loss add 500 cals to your intake, if it is 2lb/week add 1000 cals. The macronutrients don't really matter too much but I would probably stick to the same approximate %'s that you currently use.
  • Wimpey
    Wimpey Posts: 64 Member
    Options
    Any particular reason why you whish to stop burning fat for 3 days?!

That may help to understand witch is the best option for your nutrition question...