favorite crock pot recipes?

Options
2»

Replies

• MarshallLuke
    MarshallLuke Posts: 177 Member
    Options
    Here are a couple of my favorite things to do with a crock pot. 1 detailed recipe and 1 easy, delicious recipe.

Recipe #1: Slow cooked Indian food (or my approximation thereof)

1 can of chickpeas
    2 yukon gold (or red or whatever) potatoes - cubed
    1 cup of broccoli - chopped bite-sized
    1 red onion - finely chopped
    3 cloves of garlic
    1. lb boneless skinless chicken breast (or super firm tofu)
    1.5 cups chicken or vegetable broth (could need up to 1/2 more depending on the type of chicken or tofu you use)
    3 TBS curry
    2 TBS coriander
    2 TBS chili powder
    1 TBS paprika
    salt and pepper to taste
    *Note: all of the spices are really to taste. I generally use more curry if I am just cooking for fiance and I.

Recipe #2: Easy Delicious Buffalo Chicken
    1 lb boneless skinless chicken breast
    1/2 cup Ken's Buffalo Wing sauce (or your favorite buffalo sauce)
    1/4 chicken broth
    2 TSP Worcester sauce
    Hot sauce to taste
    *Just put these together, let simmer on low 6-8 hours (can be done on in in 3-4), and you have tender, moist buffalo chicken!
  • Mama2CeceliaLogan
    Options
    Bump!
  • efcornell
    efcornell Posts: 1
    Options
    Just a note, since crock pots are low/slow heating method they are great for any kind of "tough" cuts of meat as the longer cooking results in a more tender meat. Almost any recipe that you roast in the oven can be modified to work in your crock pot for these cuts.

Just tried this last week and it was sooo good. Use your crock pot to roast a whole chicken. We used a small"ish" 5 lb bird rinsed, seasoned (salt, peeper and thyme) and about 1/4 c water. Set to low overnight or 8 hours. The meat falls of the bone.

Another thing we do is Italian Beef. Very easy. Chuck roast, banana peppers, Good Seasonings Italian dresing dried packet (store brands don't work as well) and water to cover the meat. Dump everything into the crock pot including the juice from the peppers and set on med for 6 hours or low for 9 hours. when the meat is tender then shred with fork and enjoy. Yummy!
  • kellyscomeback
    kellyscomeback Posts: 1,369 Member
    Options
    This is my favorite website for CP-ing

http://crockpot365.blogspot.com/