Hey from SE, Penna !

Options
wnw64
wnw64 Posts: 34 Member
Hi all ! A buddy at work told me about the myfitnesspal blackberry app in passing. Turns out, it was EXACTLY what I was looking for to jump-start taking control of my diet. I am a numbers guy, so the app really makes it easy for me to keep track of my intake. Coupling that with getting serious about hitting the gym at work & I think I got something here. One day at lunch, I decided to check out the website & was blown away by the content.

My story is quite simple: high stress desk job + compensating comfort foods + lack of activity (blamed on brain-deadness) = major weight gain + low motivation + lowered self esteem for way too long. I get the standard comments from friends & family about needing to lose weight, but it all comes down to my desire to do so really. I look in the mirror & quite frankly am not the least happy with what I see. When I do any vigorous activity, I get worn out way too quickly for my age. This has got to stop.

A few weeks ago, I weighed about 271 (my personal peak). With the help of the myfitnesspal app, some decent exercise & watching what I eat, I've gotten down to about 260.

Come October, I want to be celebrating a Phils World Series victory at/below 240 !
Come February, I want to be celebrating an Eagles Superbowl victory at/below 220 !

My final goal should be 185 (my college weight),, but I'll deal with that later (baby steps...)...

Replies

• ageros
    ageros Posts: 66 Member
    Options
    Welcome! I have a similar story, got a new job that involved driving all day, and then working at a desk when I got to the site. Constant sitting, apathy sets in, convenient fast food, and I blew up like a balloon. Its been very depressing, but a while back I saw some pictures from my wedding and decided enough was enough. MFP has been great for me so far I hope its the same for you!

Add me if you'd like, we can kick each other in the pants to stay motivated.