Protein?

Options
snookumss
snookumss Posts: 1,451 Member
So, my tracker has a goal amount of protein. I am an off season power lifter and we strive to eat as much protein as possible. 2-3grams per lb of body weight. I understand that this is not necessary to be healthy, however why does the tracker make it look like eating more protein isn't a good thing? Is there a reason it sets protein intake amount that I should try to stay within? Does it really matter if I go over, when it comes to a weight loss aspect?

Replies

• TiniTurtle
    TiniTurtle Posts: 595 Member
    Options
    mfp isn't personalized, you can change your values to fit your lifestyle :o) notice that fiber is abnormally low too?
  • Afbarbie969
    Options
    http://fatlossschool.com/how-much-protein-should-i-eat-in-a-day/

Snookumss, I thought this website really covered the topic well. Hope it helps!
  • CriticalX
    CriticalX Posts: 212 Member
    Options
    Can ur body use that much protein? After a point it start storing what's not used as fat!
  • elliecolorado
    elliecolorado Posts: 1,040
    Options
    When it comes to protein this site's default setting is pretty low (15%) you can customize it if you want. I have my goals set to 45%carbs/35%protein/20%fat. I try to hit 120 - 150g of protein a day, and I have learned to think of a red number after protein as good, as long as I am under on everything else.
  • CriticalX
    CriticalX Posts: 212 Member
    Options
    When it comes to protein this site's default setting is pretty low (15%) you can customize it if you want. I have my goals set to 45%carbs/35%protein/20%fat. I try to hit 120 - 150g of protein a day, and I have learned to think of a red number after protein as good, as long as I am under on everything else.
    how u change the setting on it?
  • snookumss
    snookumss Posts: 1,451 Member
    Options
    Thanks Guys!