NSV - The ladies will totally get this one!

Options
SmashleeWpg
SmashleeWpg Posts: 566 Member
The past month I've really been focusing on training for an upcoming half marathon (June 19th), and ensuring that I get my weekly runs in no matter what. They have paid off in more ways than one... I can officially say that I have re-joined the club of "My Thighs No Longer Touch/Rub", most importantly when I run/elliptical!!! Chaffing = BAD. Running consistently again has done them plenty of good.

WOOO HOOOOOO!

It's been a few years since I've been a member of this particular club, so I'm very happy to be back in. Thanks for all your support, fellow MFPers! :)

Cheers!

Replies

• jbug100
    jbug100 Posts: 406 Member
    Options
    Love that! Just in time for that half marathon!
  • Brooke1542
    Brooke1542 Posts: 115 Member
    Options
    I can't wait until I can be part of that club!!! I'm close, but still got a ways to go.
  • frubjious
    frubjious Posts: 355
    Options
    I want to join this club! May take a little while yet though.

Well done!
  • hyper_stitch
    hyper_stitch Posts: 180 Member
    Options
    I'm just starting out running, as in wk1 c25k lol I have a 10k next year and this has inspired me to push myself to keep running, thanks :bigsmile:
  • kim_mc
    kim_mc Posts: 321 Member
    Options
    Is the only way to get into that club to run? Because I want in...and I'm not there yet!
  • jpooley1988
    jpooley1988 Posts: 119 Member
    Options
    I can officially say that I have re-joined the club of "My Thighs No Longer Touch/Rub", most importantly when I run/elliptical!!! Chaffing = BAD.

Can't wait to be part of this club!!!!
  • SmashleeWpg
    Options
    Is the only way to get into that club to run? Because I want in...and I'm not there yet!

Nope, anyone can join! I just notice it most when I'm running - not having to wear pants/capris all the time on my runs for fear of legs chaffing is going to be a sweet victory come summer! :)
  • kim_mc
    kim_mc Posts: 321 Member
    Options
    Well.....someday it may happen for me, but I'm almost at goal weight and they are my thighs are still liking each other a little too much, it would really be something to stand feet together and see light between! And now this is starting to sound weird! LOL
  • Denibabe94
    Denibabe94 Posts: 14
    Options
    woww I would love to join this club, going to be a longg while. Hopefully i'll make good progress before the peak of the summer.
  • elcar7
    elcar7 Posts: 124 Member
    Options
    uhh, can't wait to join this club!!!
    as long I can remember back, i haven't been in there :(

But I'll do it :)

Thanks for the inspiration in sharing your experience and success!
  • RachelHancock
    Options
    Amazing!

That is definitely the best NSV ever!

Last summer was hell but it's getting better every month. Hope to join you soon!
  • tekiegirl
    tekiegirl Posts: 78 Member
    Options
    Can't wait to get there myself! :o)
    I am getting close, they no longer rub uncomfortably! Just a little...
  • phinners
    phinners Posts: 524 Member
    Options
    Looking forward to joining this club too, gosh it will be really different and strange when they no longer rub! Almost like losing an old friend haha
  • SmashleeWpg
    Options
    Looking forward to joining this club too, gosh it will be really different and strange when they no longer rub! Almost like losing an old friend haha

More like an old enemy! Hahaha, it's different and strange, but in the best way possible. Very liberating, and motivating!! :)
  • LushLoni
    LushLoni Posts: 161 Member
    Options
    Nice one!

Was nicknamed thunder thighs at birth....
  • TheGoktor
    TheGoktor Posts: 1,138 Member
    Options
    I can officially say that I have re-joined the club of "My Thighs No Longer Touch/Rub", most importantly when I run/elliptical!!! Chaffing = BAD.

Can't wait to be part of this club!!!!

Same here! :laugh:
  • angdrusso
    angdrusso Posts: 42 Member
    Options
    Thats the NSV I am looking forward to most!! Not long to go!! Well done you!
  • jovbaker
    jovbaker Posts: 11
    Options
    i had that about three years ago, but have long since forgotten how it feels, am hoping cycling will work just as well as running, fingers crossed for this milestone in the next few weeks. Congratulations and really well done!
  • josavage
    josavage Posts: 472 Member
    Options
    That's an awesome NSV! Good luck at your half marathon.
  • CountryGrrrrl
    Options
    I am still waiting for the day my running shorts don't take a hike up to "WooHoo Mountain" while I am running, if ya know what I mean....LOL. Good Work!!
Do you Love MyFitnessPal? Have you crushed a goal or improved your life through better nutrition using MyFitnessPal?
Share your success and inspire others. Leave us a review on Apple Or Google Play stores!