I have on motivation...

Options
Hi Guys,

I am so thrilled to be part of this, it is such great fun and you know your not the only one struggling.

I am not overweight but I am extremeley uncofident with my body, it think it is because a few years ago I was ALWAYS thin and now i can put on weight. I just want to feel good about myself. I want to start the CT5K but have no motivation.

Does anyone know if this works for weight loss? I am thin on top but my legs and but are always bigger. Does anyone have any tips to thinner legs as I am afraid to chunk them up with muscle :(

xxxx

Replies

• snookumss
    snookumss Posts: 1,451 Member
    Options
    Sweetie, it would take a long time to "chunk them up" with muscle. The best way to lose weight is to do cardio and work your legs. Unless you are crazy strength training and eating a ton of protein and purposely trying to increase the size of your muscles, most women wont just get crazy leg muscles! Just do cardio, do some stair climbers and squats. Squats are the ultimate full body lift if you want to improve your legs, butt, back and core all in one lift. Anything you would do for cardio however will help you lose the weight downstairs!
  • aash28
    aash28 Posts: 85 Member
    Options
    "think it is because a few years ago I was ALWAYS thin and now i can put on weight. "

I think that's a very difficult adjustment to make. Pre-college, I never had to count a single calorie (I was actually so active that I took weight gainer). However, during my first semester of college (after gaining weight), I began my roller coaster, love/hate relationship with food, my body, and my confidence. I've done plenty of damage to my body (by either eatingvway too little or far too much) during the last 6 years, so I've decided to try this "community" approach.
    I'm hoping that the c25k will give me a healthy way to workout. And at the end of the 9 weeks, I think it'd be impossible for body fat not to be shed (and hopefully I gain a life-long, healthy love for running).