Billy Blanks Tae Bo?

Options
jenfunfur
jenfunfur Posts: 263 Member
So i'm looking to mix up my workouts & whilst browsing amazon i came across billy blanks tae bo dvds. Has anyone ever used any of them, just want to know what to expect. I need some cardio as i've still got a few lb to shed but i really need something toning too.
Just your thoughts/reviews/suggestions would be great guys x

Replies

• SmashleeWpg
    SmashleeWpg Posts: 566 Member
    Options
    I used to do Billy Blanks back in the VHS days, and I've got some on DVD too. I like him! Some people think that he has really bad direction and is all over the place, but one thing is for sure: YOU WILL SWEAT! I say go for it. You'll laugh at him a little, but you'll burn calories, too!

Cheers :)
  • phinners
    phinners Posts: 524 Member
    Options
    I do it and it kills me, but I'm getting so much better at it. I use my HRM and find it to be a far more intensive workout than Zumba - I burn more cals by far but also I feel more wrecked afterwards.

He's very good and he talks a lot which is quite a good motivator, my only nag is the woman on ths dvd who keeps shouting YEAH all the time, she pisses me something rotten. It's high intensity cardio with a fair bit of stretching also.

The music is terrible (but then it is old) so I sometimes use my own music.

All in all it's a very good workout, you sweat like hell and he really makes you work so it is worth doing. It's very hard work. I love it.
  • GemmieNoWobbles
    GemmieNoWobbles Posts: 398 Member
    Options
    Hey
    I cant vouch for the Billy Banks but I got this so I have a weights DVD to do at home to tone...
    http://www.amazon.co.uk/30-Minutes-Fitness-Weights-Workout/dp/B00170C15O/ref=sr_1_1?ie=UTF8&qid=1306225062&sr=8-1
    Its cheesy but good!!
  • jenfunfur
    jenfunfur Posts: 263 Member
    Options
    Thanks guys think i'll give it a go only £7 for 4 dvds. As my fitness is improving i find my old workouts don't make me sweat anymore & my hrm says i don't burn as much :(
    I think by constantly switching my workouts i can keep my body burning
  • emsibun
    emsibun Posts: 208
    Options
    I love Billy Blanks - used one of his Videos in the VHS days, and have an old dvd form 2001 that's also brilliant. I've started his Boot Camp and brought it into the mix one or two days a week. He kicks your butt!
  • phinners
    phinners Posts: 524 Member
    Options
    That;'s a good price Jen, yeah he is worth it. He's a ****ing mentalist haha
  • TheSourGirl
    Options
    you made me laugh so hard- "YEAH!"
    The "Yeah Girl" is Shellie, Billy's daughter. I, too, feel the same. Some times I yell "Shut up Shelly!!!!!" She's a little too intense for me, depending if I am PMSing or not! Just wanted to let you know you aren't the only one's nerves she gets on. But all in all, very good workout, I lost 20 lbs. in 3 1/2 months by doing Billy's DVD's every other day, plus riding my bike 2 miles to work and 2 miles back (about 12 minutes each way). I like Billy's great attitude, you know he really wants you to reach your goals - he is a great motivator. I have over 10 of his DVD's in my library.
  • wildside79
    wildside79 Posts: 46
    Options
    when I first started this site originally just worked on diet, then started exercising with his "amped up" series... I lost 15 pounds in about 6 weeks and from there rewarded myself with a gym membership. I think they work to get you up and moving and start focusing in on your core, I really just don't have the space in my living room to be all over the place like they are.
  • margo109
    margo109 Posts: 7
    Options
    I think Tae Bo is good exercise. However, some of the moves seem difficult to execute for me. Just like...odd stances...sometimes. Nonetheless, everybody's different. If you like kickboxing and up-tempo type workouts...you may really enjoy it.

Good luck!

*smiles*

Jean
  • wonderhenna
    Options
    When I started Tae Bo, I could barely do any of the moves. I couldn't kick at even half the speed of the people on video and I spent most of the time marching in place. By my 2nd month I was kicking at the same speed and able to finish an entire video without a marching break. it does wonders on your self esteem and my kids get a kick out of it. No pun intended. I love the 8-minute workout.

Gonna get those old VHS tapes out again. It's been too hard to fit the gym routine into sports with kids. We'll see...NO EXCUSES FAT! Just Move it!