Bonjour!

Options
Hello, I'm Ally and I'm from the south of France. After spending my teen years with the nickname Allyrexic, at 30 it's a bit of a shock to find myself overweight! It's not hard to understand why; I don't really do any exercise and I love good food (how is it that the amount of butter involved in a sauce directly relates to the quality of the taste?), so with summer looming I really need to get my act together otherwise I may have to break the French law and invest in a burka for the beach!

Replies

• FTIM2015
    FTIM2015 Posts: 460 Member
    Options
    Salut Ally, ça va?

Afraid that's about the limit of my written french, speak it reasonably though.

Welcome to MFP!
  • Mad_Dog_Muscle
    Mad_Dog_Muscle Posts: 1,251 Member
    Options
    Bonjour et Bienvenu!

Same here, I am afraid my French is extremely limited. Sadly too because I work with many of your fellow countrymen here in Africa.

I hope you love this site as much as we do!
  • missismonty
    missismonty Posts: 41 Member
    Options
    Salut! J'habite en Ecosse and if I lived in your country I would be HUGE with all your gorgeous food. I am coming to visit the Dordogne in a few weeks to sample lots of lovely food and wine so trying to loose some weight before I go!

I have found this site very useful for motivation and information.

Feel free to add me as a friend.

Bonne Chance!

Janice
  • teresaq1
    teresaq1 Posts: 53
    Options
    Welcome to mfp. What a great thing I did for myself by joining. Have never been to France, but love your food. Love to cook french food and of course love , love, love, to eat it. Yes it is wrong that the ammount of butter be directly linked to how sinfully delicious something tastes. Being on this diet I have given up butter and bread and all things bad. (but oh so good) if you know what I mean. Add me as a friend if you need someone to cheer you on.:drinker:
  • TinaRodina
    TinaRodina Posts: 110 Member
    Options
    Good luck! You can do it! :)
  • Allymoose
    Allymoose Posts: 4
    Options
    Thanks for the welcome everyone, technically I'm English, but I've spent most of my life here and I don't really feel English (or French for that matter)!
    The food here is amazing and we eat very well, lots of fresh fruit and veg, olive oil everywhere etc, but it's just so tempting to eat too much of it!