Very Variable

Crap. I went backwards from 190 to 180 on my bench press today. I was barely able to get in all my reps at my last benchpress workout and today, I almost didn't finish my first set of six. Not wanting to be pinned without a spotter, I backed of ten. The really bad thing is I have been doing OK at that weight for about a month now.

I've recently taken a short workout break to recover. Upon returning, I also changed my routine. I have quit taking supplements and quit using protein drinks. I have altered my diet to include more chicken and high protein cereal to compensate.

But, now I can't diagnose the problem because I've changed too much at one time! I am such a dumbyhead sometimes. Oh well, I am still losing weight (one pound last week) , so I won't complain too loudly and hope I will rebound shortly.

Replies

• Crap. I went backwards from 190 to 180 on my bench press today. I was barely able to get in all my reps at my last benchpress workout and today, I almost didn't finish my first set of six. Not wanting to be pinned without a spotter, I backed of ten. The really bad thing is I have been doing OK at that weight for about a month now.

I've recently taken a short workout break to recover. Upon returning, I also changed my routine. I have quit taking supplements and quit using protein drinks. I have altered my diet to include more chicken and high protein cereal to compensate.

But, now I can't diagnose the problem because I've changed too much at one time! I am such a dumbyhead sometimes. Oh well, I am still losing weight (one pound last week) , so I won't complain too loudly and hope I will rebound shortly.