eating childrens leftovers!

Options
2»

Replies

• suzycreamcheese
    suzycreamcheese Posts: 1,766 Member
    Options
    little pickers wear big knickers!

i will pick at some stuff, but i try to take it into account with my daily total.

Either that or i give it to the dog, or i cover it in cling film and give it to them for their next meal depending on what it is.
  • hbrekkaas
    hbrekkaas Posts: 268 Member
    Options
    My mother used to have the same problem. I can't say I have ever been tempted by the children's cold, usually half chewed left overs. I can't think of many things less appealing!

Exactly what I was thinking. Anything that touches my toddlers plates is no longer edible to anyone else.
  • alexfaty
    alexfaty Posts: 61
    Options
    I love the idea of thinking of it as cold, half chewed left overs - I am going to keep that one in my head and the next time I feel the urge think get that idea in my head!!... :-):noway:
  • kgool
    kgool Posts: 177 Member
    Options
    I don't mind eating my son's leftovers because being my child he is perfect, never sick, and never has a snotty nose. Now, other people's kids are yucky of course. :0) Fortunately my son usually leaves his chair pulled out after dinner and the dachshund gets the leftovers well before I can.
  • Angierae75
    Angierae75 Posts: 417 Member
    Options
    My husband cured me of this when he started joking that every time I ate off someone else's plate I should have to record it as I ate the entire serving of whatever it was. Really got me to thinking before I snatched fries from my daughter. :)
  • LaurieEReid
    LaurieEReid Posts: 273
    Options
    I have a Beagle dog. He is very, very chubby. He will eat anything he can get to. I look at him and it reminds me of what I will look like if I eat all of the kids leftovers.

I am very tempted by things that I like but if I give it to the dog I don't feel like I'm wasting it. I can cut him back on his dog food to make up. He much prefers people food to his dog food.