Spinning Classes

Options
2»

Replies

• zeeeb
    zeeeb Posts: 805 Member
    Options
    i love spin.... it's a killer workout, but it's great!!! it's really a nice feeling to be able to go hard and be absolutely spent at the end of the class.

give it a try, if it's that bad you can walk out, but it's not. after about 3 mins in the class, you feel like you'll never make it to the end, but you just keep going... that's the way i feel when i do a personal training session, and thats the way you should be.

push your boundaries, don't hold back, go until you feel you are going to have a heart attack, and you'll probably surprise yourself.
  • mom23nuts
    mom23nuts Posts: 636 Member
    Options
    I am a newer person to spinning 1 monthin and love love love it. it is hard but go at your own pace tell the instructor you are new so he/she will understand you can t go full force right away

don't dial in as much tension as they are telling you to until you get used to it but make sure you dial in enough to be able to keep your legs in control.

if you can after you like it, make sure you get a gel bike cover seat so your bum doesn't ach so badly....I learned this the hard way.

have a towel and tons of water because you sweat buckets.

I am not so coordinated so spin does it for me vs step or aerobics I can't sync with.

Also if you want to know your heart rate and not push too hard or push harder when you need to get a good heart rate monitor with a chest strap...it will be useful for other things at home and at the gym too like accurately monitoring calories and stuff

Have fun the music is a blast and I go about 4 times a week and it is more fun thn than the treadmill I will tell you that.
  • mom23nuts
    mom23nuts Posts: 636 Member
    Options
    Actually the hardest thing about it (for me anyway) was getting used to how sore the seat makes your butt! LOL.

I learned that the hard way in my 1st class too and then went out to get a gel seat cover, now I am spinning in comfort and burning cals too!
  • k1r5ty23
    k1r5ty23 Posts: 23 Member
    Options
    I spin once a week and thoroughly enjoy it. Infact thinking of doing another couple of classes next week.

Sessions are only as hard as you want them to be because your in control of the tension on the bike. It also burns a serious amount of calories which is always good.
  • LouLouUK
    LouLouUK Posts: 136 Member
    Options
    Love Spin! It's pretty addictive. Give it a couple of goes and don't be put off by the saddle ache afterwards. Oh and make sure you tell the instructor your new - they will help set up your bike!

Do it! You won't regret it :)