Abs

Options
Hello everybody! I just want to know if anyone can give me any EXTRA tips on how to get rid of stubborn belly fat. I know most of it involves watching what you eat and exercise but I just want some extra little tips to help this process. Thanks!

Replies

• fearlessfatty
    fearlessfatty Posts: 206 Member
    Options
    I've just started using Jillian Michaels "Six Week 6 Pack" dvd and it is a great 25 minute workout that targets the core: saddle bags, abs, obliques. It's pretty great!
  • Xaspar
    Xaspar Posts: 726 Member
    Options
    Honestly, from all I have seen heard and experienced, you cannot 'target' fat loss, you can only target muscle definition. So keep at it, keep working the weight loss and toning those muscles and eventually the fat layer will all come off and you'll see the definition you have built beneath it. But stomach fat tends to be the hardest to lose for a number of people. Some have theorized that the body holds on to it there to protect vital organs from shock, others, have said it's just the way it is, etc.
  • brewgirl08
    brewgirl08 Posts: 2
    Options
    I've been using the Ab ball and its been working wonders! I had a baby April 2010 and have had trouble getting rid of the "extra" belly. However, Ab ball will work even better with diet and other exercise. Good luck!
  • psuLemon
    psuLemon Posts: 38,411 MFP Moderator
    Options
    Ab definition is very difficult because you need very low body fat which means really watching what you eat. From my experience, it also takes a good routine of lifting and cardio (or HIIT training). If you can, could you make your profile public so we can see what you eat. I would highly suggest getting a program like p90x, turbofire, chalean extreme..etc as they are very good programs that aid the process.I will tell you, guys need 6-9% ish body fat to get abs. Girls I believe is more around 12% (i could be wrong on this). You do need to work on all the layers (i believe it's12) that make up your abdominal region (essentially your core) to enable your abs to really come out.
  • bkthomas2004
    bkthomas2004 Posts: 130 Member
    Options
    Just as others have said you can't "target" a specific area, but I know running does help. Plus the programs mentioned above (circuit training, HIIT, etc). I've also been told that a lot of ab fat comes from what you eat as well.