BORED---------> AT WORK!!!

Options
DturmenD
DturmenD Posts: 30 Member
So I have a weight loss goal of 70lbs by November 23rd, which I just set yesterday after finding MFP. However, I've been dieting for the past two weeks and started incorporating exercise about a week ago. I have an office job, where I sit and type on a computer for 8 hours. I am employed at a private airport, there are times when I have to get up and walk around but other than that I feel that it is a waste of day, from a fitness stand point. Does anyone know any excerises that are office appropriate?

Replies

• KLo924
    KLo924 Posts: 379 Member
    Options
    Can you use a large exercise ball instead of a chair? I know a couple people who do that and swear it helps with their core a bit, and keeping them alert.
  • vartann
    vartann Posts: 2
    Options
    My advice is to join your local gym. I had the same issue. sitting at my desk all day and then no motivation for exercise at home. I joined the gym and it has been 60 days. It works great. So far i've been using MFP and exercising every day and so far so good.
  • ESVABelle
    ESVABelle Posts: 1,264 Member
    Options
    Chair squats! Calf raises! Once you have balance and form, stand beside your desk (with a hand for balance if needed) and do single leg squats.

*If nobody can see if your office* use your rolly chair and do race tracks going backwards, it strengthens hamstrings.

While sitting at your desk, do a "march" in place bringing the legs off the chair while keeping the back straight.
  • Dellonious1
    Dellonious1 Posts: 209
    Options
    YES on youtube there are some videos for working out in yer office.:wink:
  • jeff261159
    jeff261159 Posts: 385
    Options
    Welcome to my world!! Im a truck driver and am sat behind the wheel for up 15 hours a day. I started by doing short walks, which turned into long walks, then short jogs, then longer runs, Saturday morning i did 7 miles, and last night I did 6. There are lots of postings, on google, for excercises you can do while sitting at a desk, on a bed or smiliar. Hope this helps , feel free to add me as a friend x
  • dmoses
    dmoses Posts: 786 Member
    Options
    push ups - put your hands on your desktop, feet far enough away to straighten out your back, and do some reps!
  • luvmy2babies
    luvmy2babies Posts: 94 Member
    Options
    I know the feeling. I have an office job too. I joined the local gym, and a coworker I work with and I go on our lunch hour. Makes me feel so much better
  • Roe1968
    Roe1968 Posts: 133
    Options
    push ups, dips, squats, lunges...:bigsmile:
  • PecanTanDiva
    PecanTanDiva Posts: 162
    Options
    I too work sitting behind a desk for 7.5 hours. I have an hour lunch and two 15 minute breaks. I take my ipod and walk on each break (3mph monitored by my HRM / all in 1 programer 8- ) ). Also I eat lunch for the first 30 minutes and walk again for the rest of the time left. Sometimes I go over my lunch and breaks, but I don't have to clock in and out so going over isnt really a problem :happy:

If that can't be done, you can always buy the portable bicycle that can go under you desk to work your legs and have ankle weights to wrap around your arms while your typing and moving your hands around. Just a thought :flowerforyou:
  • Bootzey
    Bootzey Posts: 274 Member
    Options
    Make the most of your breaks!