Breakfast Ideas

farmers_daughter
farmers_daughter Posts: 1,632 Member
edited September 27 in Food and Nutrition
I am in need of a quick easy (I mean like 5 year old quick & easy)breakfast ideas.
I currently keep a box of instant oatmeal at work, which is ok. I like oatmeal, and it keeps me around my 200 calorie goal, but geez.... I'd like to have a piece of meat or something of substance.
Ideally...I'd like to make something ahead of time and freeze it then pop it in the micro here at work, or something that has a shelf life. I have two little people to dress and get ready in the morning and get out the door...so time is an issue as well.
Any ideas???

Thanks,
Bored out of my 'oatmeal' :laugh:

Replies

• justaloozer
    justaloozer Posts: 122 Member
    How about a hardboiled egg that you can boil while getting everyone ready? And microwaveable turkey bacon?
  • Newnanax3
    Newnanax3 Posts: 192 Member
    I found this recipe here for a quick filling breakfast. Get Thomas’s Bagel thins and toast up 5 of them. Next take a large fry pan and spray some Pam and about 1 cup of any egg substitute to make one large omelet. Cut that into 5 pieces, one for each bagel. Cook up 5 pieces of Oscar Mayer turkey bacon and take ½ slice of a cheese of your choice. Top the bagel with the egg, one slice of turkey bacon and ½ slice of cheese. Put it in a baggie and freeze. Just take it out and heat up for an on the run meal all for under 250 calories.
    They are great and filling~
  • morefitmom
    morefitmom Posts: 264 Member
    You could make a breakfast casserole, split and freeze it. That way you can take it to work whenever you want.
  • angiesteele
    angiesteele Posts: 366 Member
    I boil a donzen eggs on Sunday when I plan on eggs for that week that way they are already ready to go in the AM...Turkey bacon cooked in the microwave is also easy..lately I have been on a cereal kick so I am looking for new ideas as well...
  • atashap
    atashap Posts: 85
    I know what you mean I have a 5 and 2 year old to have out the door no later than 6:31 and it does get crazy so worrying about what Im going eat is the last thing on my mind. But I keep a pack of thomas english muffins at work with some morningstar Veg. saugsages. Im not a vegetar. or anything but they are the best tasting things to come out of the microwave. Or if im not feeling that I will add a little peanut butter to my toasted muffin, because I mean anythings good with peanut butter. :smile:
  • psb13
    psb13 Posts: 629
    i think i have become addicted to my chobani Greek yogurt :happy:
  • HeyLisa
    HeyLisa Posts: 201
    I had a fajita sized tortilla wrap with an egg substitute scramble and a slice of light swiss. Not the most exciting breakfast but 170 calories and surprisingly filling. With coffee and 1/2 cup of milk.. calories = 210
  • razzy00742
    razzy00742 Posts: 3
    this isn't much help when needing something to freeze or with a shelf life but might be helpful on your days off ... quick and easy ham and cheese omelet ..1/4 cup egg beaters, (30 calories) 3 slices deli ham (I use Kroger brand 35 calories for 3 slices) 1 slice 2% American cheese (45 calories). I also add a few pieces of green bell pepper and onion to mine.
  • I love greek yogurt for breakfast. My favorite is Fage 0%. I usually add a little truvia and some cinnamon, but its quick easy and very filling for 100 calories.

You could also make a microwave egg scramble. Keep some egg beaters or egg whites in the fridge at work, non-stick spray, and a ceramic or microwavable bowl or mug. Just spray the dish, add the egg beaters and any omelette toppings, then microwave for a minute. Stir. Microwave for another minute or two. Then dig in.
This discussion has been closed.