Does everyone else's scale fluctuate this much?

Options
2»

Replies

• PeachyKeene
    PeachyKeene Posts: 1,645 Member
    Options
    This morning, and I weigh myself every morning at approximately the same time, I weighed in at over three pounds less than yesterday morning. I weighed four times and it the readout was the same. So I waited about 15 minutes and got back on, dressed this time, and it was 1.6 pounds less than yesterday morning. I know I could not lose over three pounds overnight, and I'm pretty sure I can't lose 1.6 pounds overnight either. Something must be up with my scale...

You could have lost that much in water weight, not fat, of course. I think on a good day the most you can lose in fat is .4 pounds, and that is if you are eating and doing everything right and perfect. :grumble: impossible at times it seems.
  • Dtho5159
    Dtho5159 Posts: 1,054 Member
    Options
    Yes!! I did over the weekend!! I gained 5lb overnight.. We had a meal out that was high in sodium and I didn't drink as much water as I should have so I know it will go back down but it is aggravating when it happens.
  • Dlpsweet
    Dlpsweet Posts: 8 Member
    Options
    I am so glad I am not the only one experiencing this ANNOYING fluctuation. But like everyone said it has to do with my sodium intake and my "time of the month". I saw the gain this morning and was a little sad...but then I reassured myself that it was just retention of water and that I shouldn't be hard on myself about it, I just told myself to re-focus for this week.
    "ITS A SLOW PROCESS BUT IT WILL HAPPEN".
  • doughnutwretch
    doughnutwretch Posts: 498 Member
    Options
    That's good that you have figured out how your body is affected by changes in your diet. As far as jump starting your weight loss for that last 10, maybe seek the help of a personal trainer. You've made it this far on your own, but since that last 10 is so stubborn, the help of a professional may be just what you need!
  • jordanlell
    jordanlell Posts: 340 Member
    Options
    I notice it much more now than I did at the beginning. When I first started losing it was a steady decline, I literally did not see the scale go up once for the first 15 pounds, always moving down. The closer I get the more I bounce back and forth, but I don't worry about it too much, because over all I'm still losing. My lows get lower and my highs get lower, so on average it's still moving down. A lot of things can affect what the scale says, sodium, water, and I've noticed that if I eat within 1-2 hours before bed the scale will be higher in the morning. Just takes a bit for everything to move on through.
  • jordanlell
    jordanlell Posts: 340 Member
    Options
    Edit: double post