Sore Ankles-New shoes?

Options
katt742
katt742 Posts: 196 Member
Hey kids I need some help. My ankles are KILLING me after my 2.5 mile jog yesterday. I suppose I need new shoes. The ones I have, I have had for a year and they are Avia's. I dont even remember where I got them...anyhoo, I need a good pair of shoes that work well for jogging...and I really dont want to spend an arm and a leg...under $100.00 please! TIA MFP!

Replies

• scantrll
    scantrll Posts: 271 Member
    Options
    What you need to do is finding a running store in your area. Go in and ask them to evaluate your stride for you (most places do this for free) and then they'll give you recommendations on various types of shoes that will be best for your type of gait. They should work within your budget (and if they don't have anything in store that they recommend that is under $100, take the brand/models and find them online for cheap).

Trust me, once you get a shoe that is designed for your gait, running becomes much more fun and much less likely to injure yourself! You need someone else (who knows what they're talking about) to watch your run and walk and analyze how your knees and ankles move. It makes a world of difference. :)
  • StaceyL76
    StaceyL76 Posts: 711 Member
    Options
    Have you looked at Rika's? I just got my first pair from payless and they were on sale.. got'em for under 50 usually 80 and up.
  • katt742
    katt742 Posts: 196 Member
    Options
    Have you looked at Rika's? I just got my first pair from payless and they were on sale.. got'em for under 50 usually 80 and up.

Never heard of them. Do you like them?