NSV - You don't need to diet!

Northantsman
Northantsman Posts: 32
edited September 27 in Success Stories
The other day I got into a conversation at work about dieting while waiting for a meeting to start. A manager at the table looked over and said to me:"You don't need to diet." I decided it was best not to tell her that this is what a successful diet looked like!

So many people fiddle with losing weight or make a big thing of telling others what they ought or ought not to do while doing nothing about their own weight that it's a real pleasure to be in the position of having achieved where others only talk the talk!

And a real pleasure in being in a community like this where everyone is really achieving something special!

Richard

Replies

• ColoradoRobin
    ColoradoRobin Posts: 510 Member
    That's a great thing to hear! Congratulations on your success. You have a lot to be proud of!
  • countrymom1
    countrymom1 Posts: 125 Member
    Well-said!
  • DeniseGdz
    DeniseGdz Posts: 592 Member
    The other day I got into a conversation at work about dieting while waiting for a meeting to start. A manager at the table looked over and said to me:"You don't need to diet." I decided it was best not to tell her that this is what a successful diet looked like!

So many people fiddle with losing weight or make a big thing of telling others what they ought or ought not to do while doing nothing about their own weight that it's a real pleasure to be in the position of having achieved where others only talk the talk!

And a real pleasure in being in a community like this where everyone is really achieving something special!

Richard

HAHAH!! love it! WTG!!
  • emcando
    emcando Posts: 48
    You are so right.
    I'm not where you are yet, but I know I will be...
    And I applaud you!

We aren't dieting, we are changing our way of life... people don't get it!
  • therobinator
    therobinator Posts: 832 Member
    Exactly -- we are not "dieting" - we are eating rightly. :happy:
  • ecmcnamee
    ecmcnamee Posts: 317 Member
    Very well said!! You are so right ... Congrats on your amazing weight loss!!
  • ImBabyBunny
    ImBabyBunny Posts: 75
    AMEN! I get so tired of hearing that too. I have been doing this ''diet'' for 5 years. Within the past year I finally found out most of the things that works for me the best, I am now down 50 + pounds!

I still talk abut dieting and losing weight because it's a Life style change. I don't think people realize at first glace that you never go off a life style change like you would a diet. ..So you are going to carry your progress with you.

And Hey! You walked the walk, you have more than enough room to talk the talk! Congrats on your achievements!
  • Jenniferslast10
    Jenniferslast10 Posts: 36 Member
    That's a great place to be in! Thanks for sharing and congratulations on your weight loss.
  • khrys1
    khrys1 Posts: 444 Member
    Wooohoooo! Isn't that an awesome feeling to know that what you've accomplished can be seen by others? Keep up the good work!
This discussion has been closed.
Do you Love MyFitnessPal? Have you crushed a goal or improved your life through better nutrition using MyFitnessPal?
Share your success and inspire others. Leave us a review on Apple Or Google Play stores!