So the scale gave me the finger this morning...

Options
...I weighed in at 166.6 :laugh: :devil: I've been stuck at 166 for the past week or so... But this was just crossing the line for my "friend," the scale...

So here's to tossing the scale for the next couple weeks :drinker: That's what it gets for crossing me!!

Replies

• sandyw127
    sandyw127 Posts: 131 Member
    Options
    try changing up ur excercise routine, i was having that issue to and i did that and the scale is moving again..
  • nyctraveler
    nyctraveler Posts: 305 Member
    Options
    when i was losing weight a few years ago (about 35 lbs), i got stuck in the 166's too...you gotta power through. it'll happen!
  • HaleyAlli
    HaleyAlli Posts: 911 Member
    Options
    try changing up ur excercise routine, i was having that issue to and i did that and the scale is moving again..

Funny you should mention that, I just tweaked a couple things yesterday! :smile: Hopefully that will make a difference...
  • GorillaNJ
    GorillaNJ Posts: 4,052 Member
    Options
    That scale is a lying *kitten* anyway! Your doing awesome!
  • mamagooskie
    mamagooskie Posts: 2,964 Member
    Options
    I've seen that same # on the scale over and over as well......wonder if scales talk to each other or something?? lol
  • FierceFox81
    FierceFox81 Posts: 89
    Options
    LOL I loved reading this! Because I know what you mean! DANG SCALES!!!!

Hope you see changes (in the other direction) soon.... Good luck
  • Msaip
    Msaip Posts: 482 Member
    Options
    I too am pitching the scale for the next week see what it gets me...constantly weighing is irritating!
  • HaleyAlli
    Options
    when i was losing weight a few years ago (about 35 lbs), i got stuck in the 166's too...you gotta power through. it'll happen!
    I've seen that same # on the scale over and over as well......wonder if scales talk to each other or something?? lol

Strange!! Haha maybe they're all in alliance against us! XD
  • liz11599
    liz11599 Posts: 220 Member
    Options
    Love your post topic...lmao! Hang in there. We all plateau. Your body is adjusting right now, so when you hit these plateaus then instead of the scale concentrate on how differently your clothes are fitting. When this happens to me I tell myself everyday "it took a long time to put it on and it'll take a long time to take it off too". You got this girl!!:wink:
  • jmruef
    jmruef Posts: 824 Member
    Options
    Frickin' scale. :mad: Mine did the same to me this morning too.

You know what - screw it. We're not defined by mere numbers, right? :flowerforyou:
  • lulu1962
    lulu1962 Posts: 210
    Options
    Could be worse - if 666 lbs shows up, you're in REAL trouble!:devil:
  • lovinglife71
    lovinglife71 Posts: 65 Member
    Options
    Girl I have the same problem, ive been stuck at the same weight for about 2 months!! Im trying different things. More water, eating back more of my cal's burned, etc. Hopefully something will work. I only have about 6lbs that I want to loose, so it may be my body telling me instead of loosing anymore, just tone! Anyways, some of my wonderful mfp friends are doing something called zig zag....freedieting.com/calorie intake/calculate/put in stats/calculate/7 day cycle. wa la!! Going to try that this week, just to see, it might be worth a shot!! It's basically going up and down with your calories, I think so your body doesn't get in a rutt ! I have heard your body gets tired of the same routine. Good luck!!
  • HaleyAlli
    Options
    Could be worse - if 666 lbs shows up, you're in REAL trouble!:devil:

HAHAHAHAH!!!! If there was karma on this site, I'd be boosting yours right now :happy:

Yeah I've heard about that calorie zig-zagging thing... Who knows, it might be worth a shot :smile: My issue is that I've only been on this journey for 5 months and I've only lost 8 lbs, so WHY AM I PLATEAUING?? lol! I don't get it! XD
  • HaleyAlli
    Options
    About the calorie zig-zagging--is that net calories? Or the total amount you consume in a day?
  • Pangea250
    Pangea250 Posts: 965 Member
    Options
    You gave it the finger back, right?
  • ionaxxx
    ionaxxx Posts: 17
    Options
    DAMN THE SCALES!!!!!!

lol

xxxxx
  • HaleyAlli
    Options
    You gave it the finger back, right?

Haha yeah I'm saying good bye to it until my next measuring day :laugh:
  • krislshoe
    krislshoe Posts: 459 Member
    Options
    my scales can kiss my grits>>>>>>>My clothes feel great but the dang thing is stuck...LOL
  • HaleyAlli
    Options
    my scales can kiss my grits>>>>>>>My clothes feel great but the dang thing is stuck...LOL

Yeah same here!
  • irishgal44
    irishgal44 Posts: 1,181 Member
    Options
    I have literally given my scale the finger before, scowled at it and threw a few F bombs at it. I am also planning on putting mine away after tomorrow for a week. I hate it!