Additional Cool iPhone Apps

Options
Hey there fellow iPhone owners. I was digging around in the App Store last night looking at other Health related iPhone apps and downloaded a few fun ones worth looking at...

FOODUCATE :: http://www.fooducate.com/blog/2010/11/06/check-out-the-new-fooducate-iphone-app/
(Very cool scanning of food bar codes and gives you healthy alternatives to that food)

FAST FOOD :: http://www.macworld.com/appguide/app.html?id=79934&expand=false
(Supplies nutrition info for many of the major US fast food joints)

PEDOMETER :: http://itunes.apple.com/us/app/iphone-fitness-pedometer/id368180978?mt=8
(Have not tested, but looks quite intuitive. Please comment if you've used it.)

What are YOUR favorite apps for fitness and health and why?

Best of luck to you all in your MFP journeys!

Replies

• sar586
    sar586 Posts: 40 Member
    Options
    I'm getting the iPhone today. Thanks for this post - I'm excited to get home and check these out! They sound very helpful.
  • jend114
    jend114 Posts: 1,058 Member
    Options
    Thanks for this, I plan on getting an iPhone soon!
  • ecmcnamee
    ecmcnamee Posts: 317 Member
    Options
    I like the imap apps .. imapmyride, imapmyfitness, imapmywalk .. very slick and accurate. Gives you pace, average speed, miles, etc.
  • theseagull
    theseagull Posts: 181 Member
    Options
    My best one is ( step cal ) it counts calories burned - time spent - speed ... I'm using it daily in my jogging. Love it.

I have other apps for fitness .. I'll check them.
  • Summerleahd
    Summerleahd Posts: 314 Member
    Options
    There is a new app that helps with portion control. It has portion photos and I think u can take a picture of your plate and it tells you about your portions. I haven't downloaded it yet which is why I can't remember the name but my hubby told me about it. As soon as I find my phone I'll let u guys know what it is! My daughter did something with it
  • Megan182
    Megan182 Posts: 9
    Options
    Just got Fooducate, this is going to be so helpful!! Thanks!
  • kennysrush
    kennysrush Posts: 124
    Options
    I like the imap apps .. imapmyride, imapmyfitness, imapmywalk .. very slick and accurate. Gives you pace, average speed, miles, etc.

I'll check these out - thanks!
  • jlanab
    jlanab Posts: 89 Member
    Options
    if youre a runner c25k ($2.99) and Nike + iPod

Nike training has some great workouts but theyre really INTENSE im hopong to work my fitness to a level where i can complete some

of course MFP

Interval Timer (beeps every 30 to 45 seconds for high intensity, low intensity and resting)

MiCoach I havent used the app yet but you can choose Reggie Busch as your personal motivator and he is totally hot!!! There is also a portion that allows you to keep track of how many miles you put on your shoes

iMapMyRide and IMapMyrun
  • Cletc
    Cletc Posts: 352
    Options
    Lolo has apps for Jeff Galloway

Bluefin has apps for Hal Higdon
  • gtm124
    gtm124 Posts: 179
    Options
    I have GOT to get an iPhone, but will wait until the 5 is out this summer. My work basically required us to use a BB. :sad:
  • Summerleahd
    Summerleahd Posts: 314 Member
    Options
    Figwee portion explorer. Its pretty cool. It shows you pictures of the food and tell u the nutrional value for that serving. I downloaded it on my iPad so I don't kno if the phone one is different. You can also add more food to the picture or take it away depending on what your looking for. I made a mistake and looked up steaks..and now I want some. The pictures look great. It seems to have a lot of food, but like everything I doubt its perfect

I can see this being a great tool for going going out to eat and actually anything that isn't prepackaged
  • angela828
    angela828 Posts: 498 Member
    Options
    Fooducate is AWESOME, I highly recommend it..
    I use one called TargetWeight.. you can enter your weight in everyday to see the fluctuations with a chart (VERY interesting if you weigh everyday like I do), can set a date you want to lose all your weight by, set your goal weight, tells you how much more you have to lose (though that changes daily if you do enter your weight everyday bc of the fluctuations), lets you enter your height, and then shows you your BMI and where you need to be for a healthy BMI and how much weight you'll need to lose to get there. I think it is really helpful.... people who weigh in daily might like it.
  • JigglyPig
    JigglyPig Posts: 231 Member
    Options
    bump
  • kennysrush
    Options
    Figwee portion explorer. Its pretty cool. It shows you pictures of the food and tell u the nutrional value for that serving. I downloaded it on my iPad so I don't kno if the phone one is different. You can also add more food to the picture or take it away depending on what your looking for. I made a mistake and looked up steaks..and now I want some. The pictures look great. It seems to have a lot of food, but like everything I doubt its perfect

I can see this being a great tool for going going out to eat and actually anything that isn't prepackaged

Sounds great, thanks!
  • Micheller1210
    Micheller1210 Posts: 460 Member
    Options
    I have a samsung galaxy model, of the android family...lol I have been looking in the app market too and so many to choose from too, I am just learning how to use the upc scan and I love it. I am having trouble figuring out if I want to move my apps to my sd card and why? Going to go app shopping and see what more lay in store.....I love my phone :-)
  • kennysrush
    Options
    bump
  • Lunachic77
    Lunachic77 Posts: 434 Member
    Options
    Here are a few apps I have come across that I really like and have been extremely helpful.

-Livestrong App (formerly The Daily Plate) I use this when I can't find a certain food or exercise on MFP

-Nike + GPS. Great app for tracking your runs distance, speed and path...plus sends cheers through your headphone when you approach a goal or set a new record.

-Fast Food App. Good for a quick database of restaurants and fast food joints

-Nutrition App. Good for people who use Weight Watchers as the database is shown in points vs. calories (but you can choose the setting for either)

-Non-GMO Project App. Helps you find grocery stores and shop for foods that don't contain GMOs. Also has long product list of who is GMO free and who isn't.
  • rosey808
    rosey808 Posts: 91 Member
    Options
    I got the Fooducate app and it's A W E S O M E !!! Love it! I'll be checking out the apps you all recommended.

Thanks!!
  • kingkong123
    kingkong123 Posts: 184 Member
    Options
    bump
  • pearlof69
    pearlof69 Posts: 80 Member
    Options
    Mine would be:

Couch to 5k
    Walkmeter
    pt Kettlebell,