100,000 steps in a week challenge

Options
Good Morning Fellow Weight Loss People. This morning I decided I would start a challenge using my pedometer. I wear it faithfully every day (my husband says I am addicted to it) so today I thought I would push myself to see if I can do 100,000 steps in 7 days. Is there anybody else that would like to join me using the following format.

Tuesday xxxxx steps
Wednesday xxxxx steps
Thursday xxxxx steps
Friday xxxxx steps
Saturday xxxxx steps
Sunday xxxxx steps
Monday xxxxx steps

Total steps xxxxxxx steps

Let's walk our way to success.

Replies

• Peridotite
    Peridotite Posts: 66
    Options
    I'm in! I just don't have my pedometer with me today...can I start tomorrow?:happy:
  • DturmenD
    DturmenD Posts: 30 Member
    Options
    I will join you!!!! Heading to Sporting Goods after work to purchase my pedometer!!!! Let's get to stepping!!!!!
  • jennyph2006
    jennyph2006 Posts: 356 Member
    Options
    I'm in!!!
  • dab52776
    dab52776 Posts: 536 Member
    Options
    I can try.... this will be a challenge for me. I'd also have to start tomorrow....gotta find where I buried my pedometer LOL
  • mosneakers
    mosneakers Posts: 343 Member
    Options
    I love this! Count me in.
    I'll have to start tomorrow though - I don't have my pedometer with me today.
  • luvs_choc8
    luvs_choc8 Posts: 788 Member
    Options
    Great to see all the interest but it sounds like we have alot of people that are not quite ready to start today and my apologies for the short notice. So let's call today a practice day and officially start tomorrow.
  • acakeforawife
    acakeforawife Posts: 207
    Options
    I'm in! Glad we can start tomorrow -- mine needs a new battery!

100,000 steps in a week is an average of 14286 steps a day. Woooo, this should be good!
  • srp2011
    srp2011 Posts: 1,829 Member
    Options
    Great idea - sounds like fun! Just found my pedometer, so I'll practice today and make sure it works :-)
  • luvs_choc8
    Options
    Only a quarter of the way there for today. This is going to mean alot of steps tonight. Have to walk through Biggest Loser Finale.
  • srp2011
    Options
    Seriously, this is going to be tough - I ran for 2 miles and still only came in right at 14K - glad today was just practice :noway:
  • LadyOfOceanBreeze
    LadyOfOceanBreeze Posts: 762 Member
    Options
    does elliptical machine count? I usually try to do 7 miles on that thing....if 2 miles jogging only breaks the 14,000 mark? interesting
  • LadyOfOceanBreeze
    LadyOfOceanBreeze Posts: 762 Member
    Options
    wow
  • shazzabir
    shazzabir Posts: 42 Member
    Options
    Sounds great, count me in!
  • luvs_choc8
    Options
    Well I am glad yesterday was only practice cause I did not fair so well. So this challenge is officially under way. Let's get stepping. Good luck to everybody and every step counts. Have a great steppin day :):)
  • srp2011
    Options
    does elliptical machine count? I usually try to do 7 miles on that thing....if 2 miles jogging only breaks the 14,000 mark? interesting

You'll have to try it with your pedometer and see if it counts steps while you're on it. Otherwise, does the elliptical give you a step equivalent you can add on?
  • mosneakers
    mosneakers Posts: 343 Member
    Options
    I'm ready!!!! :bigsmile: Good luck, all!
  • acakeforawife
    Options
    Good luck everyone!!
  • srp2011
    Options
    Wednesday 12139 steps
  • acakeforawife
    Options
    How did everyone do yesterday? I only made it to 10144, so I have a little catching up to do today! :smile:
  • luvs_choc8
    Options
    Good Morning All Steppers.

Wednesday count 11598 steps

How did everybody else do?

Keep steppin!!! Have a great day.