water

Options
leahdanbury
leahdanbury Posts: 132 Member
i find that i have a hard time drinking straight water. I find myself grabbing a bottle of vitamin water zero instead....is this an okay option or should i just suck it up and drink some pure water :tongue:

Replies

• Melissaol
    Melissaol Posts: 952 Member
    Options
    I drink one of them. But you still need plain water. When im having a hard time like that. I put a lemon in my water.
  • Dnsnyder
    Dnsnyder Posts: 263 Member
    Options
    I started out mixing crystal light in my water all of the time. Then I cut back to only mixing it in half of my daily water. Now, I hardly ever use it and actually crave just straight water. I think the more you drink just plain water, the easier it will become. However, you may have to ease yourself into it! Good luck! =)
  • LaDawn74
    LaDawn74 Posts: 132 Member
    Options
    Add lemon to it. I have to drink mine COLD so I put a LOT of ice in my cup.
  • Dellonious1
    Dellonious1 Posts: 209
    Options
    ICE COLD water makes your body burn calories ...Just saying..:bigsmile:
  • derkacs
    derkacs Posts: 19
    Options
    Vitamin Waters aren't a good drink to have daily. If you look at the nutrition labels (last time i checked) they have over 100% of daily needs for some vitamins. If its really hard try pouring just a little of the Vitamin Water in your regular water. Or like the others said, try crystal light or a little packet to add to it. You should probably have only 1 every other day..
  • NicoleAnn55
    Options
    I have the SAME problem. I don't crave water.

Solutions:
    I can't drink water unless I put ice in it. So I fill up my water bottle with ice every morning so I have it for work.

Try getting a special water bottle. You get in the rounte of grabbing/using it everyday.

When I'm getting hungry before dinner or want a snack in the middle of the day, I'll drink a glass of water first.
  • dcornwe
    dcornwe Posts: 73
    Options
    Try Mio Liquid water enhancers, they taste great and are 0 cal, 0 fat, 0 sugar, 0 sodium and 0 caffeine
  • kimmerroze
    kimmerroze Posts: 1,330 Member
    Options
    I have never had a hard time drinking water, but then again growing up we were only allowed milk or water and I hated milk,. so I guess its what I have grown up drinking. So it is super hard for me to grasp that people don't like drinking water.

Personal issue, nothing against you or anyone else for that matter. lol Im weird! haha

Anyways, Just remember that the "flavors" in crystal light and flavored water are chemicals. Nothing more. So you have to decide whether or not it is worth it to you to drink tons of unnecessary chemicals every day with flavored water or crystal light. Granted the chemicals aren't going to kill you, but they aren't prime nutrition either.

It will get easier to drink the water. Simply because that is what your body needs to survive.

My favorite way to have water is with a few slices of limes squeezed into it. Limes are extremely good for you. So yeah! To each their own.
  • graysmom2005
    graysmom2005 Posts: 1,882 Member
    Options
    Can someone please explain why water drinking is important? I need solid science, because I naturally do not like drinking water!
  • ashcoy
    ashcoy Posts: 7 Member
    Options
    I agree with the idea of getting a "fun" water bottle. I have a water bobble (waterbobble.com), which has a tiny filter on the top so I can fill it up anywhere....and it doesn't leave me with that tap water taste. Just an idea! I drink tons more water now because I have it.
  • Jholt47
    Jholt47 Posts: 20
    Options
    It counts for your water intake, but with all of the added junk in there you really need to include plain old water. I have my favorite water bottle like someone else said. I'm always filling it and keeping it the fridge. One less step, when I'm thirsty and it helps me not grab the diet pop.