Totally Discouraged

Options
Hi. I hit my heaviest two years ago. I spent 18 months losing weight and getting down 23 pounds in november of 2010. Then I dont know what happened but I've gained it all back in less than 6 months! It's so unfair. Now I have to start all over again. I'm so discouraged that I dont even have the motivation to try. Does anyone have any advice to get me motivated?

Very Frustrated,
J

Replies

• chellekoren
    chellekoren Posts: 273 Member
    Options
    Awww, I'm sorry. I would be discouraged, too. That was straight through the holidays, too. But, just get back on the horse and do it again. You did it once, you can do it again. Do you have an exercise that you enjoy? Anyway, good luck. You can add me as a friend and we can do it together this time.
  • soldier4242
    soldier4242 Posts: 1,368 Member
    Options
    The most recent fat that you have gained will be the first fat that gets burned off. I got up to 250 pounds. Then I got down to 233 pounds. Then I went back up to 250 pounds. I joined myfitnesspal.com and now I am back down to 232 pounds as of my last weigh-in which was on the 15th of this month. There is a light at the end of the tunnel and it is not a train. It is totally worth the effort.
  • SheliaN1960
    SheliaN1960 Posts: 454 Member
    Options
    Hello! Well, you have just taken a great step in the right direction! This site is amazing and even though I am behind on my goals (and I will catch up) I find it hard to be without all of my friends here. They motivate me, even when I feel like cheating and think that I do not want to be motivated. I have been on vacation for 11 days and I for one miute thought that I might just quit, but I did not and I will not. I will beat this...one day at a time. Be kind to yourself and give yoursel a break. It happens to the ones that have lost 100 or more pounds too. You can do this and I wish you all of the best on your journey! Friend me if you would like because I have the best group of buddies here. While I was away on vacation I still got tons of way to go's and hurry backs! So chin up and I will see you at the finish line!!!
    Shelia
  • rodeobobmom
    rodeobobmom Posts: 2 Member
    Options
    I can totally identify with you! I lost 9 pounds in 2009 through a wellness plan at my work. I gained it all back and have yet been able to shake it for good. It seems like I am on a rollercoaster with lots of ups and downs. I am hoping this website can help me find the answer to lose it for good! Maybe we can motivate each other to success :smile:
  • marcotte84
    marcotte84 Posts: 6
    Options
    Thank you everyone. I bought an elliptical last night from a co-worker and am going to try getting on it in the evenings. I have a hard time getting to the gym because I'm so self conscious. I like walking and try to walk with a friend at least once a week.

This needs to happen!