New Rules of lifting

Options
MellowGa
MellowGa Posts: 1,258 Member
Hey Everyone,

I have used this book in the past and it worked very well for me, i have since slipped from my routine, but now I will get back into the workouts and diets.

Anyone else here also follow the NROL workouts? male or female versions?

If so maybe we can discuss workouts and motivate each other.

Replies

• hroush
    hroush Posts: 2,073 Member
    Options
    I am using the www.stronglifts.com workout.
  • Jillk1023
    Jillk1023 Posts: 121 Member
    Options
    i have the book for women and was thinking about putting it to some good use!
  • fitmom4ever
    fitmom4ever Posts: 130
    Options
    I just got the NROL for women & have almost finished reading it. I am hoping to start the workouts today.
  • RunHardBeStrong
    RunHardBeStrong Posts: 33,069 Member
    Options
    I have NROLFW I do love the book and routines but haven't used it consistently...I still lift heavy and use some of the concepts which have given me great results!
  • Barneystinson
    Barneystinson Posts: 1,357 Member
    Options
    Wassup!

I'm moving through phase 1 of the NROL for Women book and seeing a definite increase in strength. Was able to squat 95 today. My goal is to squat my bodyweight - 130. Haven't been able to do that before!
  • MellowGa
    Options
    my wife also used NROL4W she also showed excellent results, but like me fell off for a bit, she is also trying to get back into a routine, but her schedule for work (12 hour days) is a real killer.

so she works out when she can with me.

But let's get this thing going!! I'll work out tonight when I get home.

I built a home gym in my basement for me to exercise, free weights and an ellipitical machine.
  • RunHardBeStrong
    RunHardBeStrong Posts: 33,069 Member
    Options
    I have cardio scheduled tonight but I promise I will start over tomorrow night on phase 1!!
  • MellowGa
    Options
    I completed Hyp 1 day 1 yesterday....also did some cardio...I will do a more intense Cardio tonight