Cats are so weird!!!

TexasNurseMom78
TexasNurseMom78 Posts: 897 Member
edited September 27 in Chit-Chat
Why do my cats like to sleep on my flip flops? Not my feet, but my flip flops lying on the floor! Every day they lay on them for hours!!!

Replies

• Ashleypeterson37
    Ashleypeterson37 Posts: 347 Member
    Mine does the same thing! But he goes around the house and gathers them all up in a pile and sleeps on them! So strange...
  • LaurieEReid
    LaurieEReid Posts: 273
    I think it's because they smell like you. My cat used to love to curl up on anything I'd sweated in.
  • jamie78
    jamie78 Posts: 514 Member
    HAHA mine does that too!
  • Onesnap
    Onesnap Posts: 2,819 Member
    Because they are rubber and absorb your smell. So they smell like you and they are comforted by that. To them, the flip flops are soothing. Kinda like if I change my clothes to head to the gym and I get home to find my cat sleeping on the clothes I wore that day.
  • suziblues2000
    suziblues2000 Posts: 515 Member
    lol! I know! My cat loves to sleep on whatever it is I'm reading. Like, for example, I knit and I use a pattern. The pattern is laying near me on the couch so i can refer to it now and then. So of course where does my cat want to sleep? Right smack dab in the middle of the pattern I'm trying to read!
    And the older they get, the weirder they get. But I love em.
  • grover0ca
    grover0ca Posts: 568 Member
    yep..my old cat's choice nap spot was in my dirty clothes basket....he loved it in there..lol!:bigsmile:
  • lol! I know! My cat loves to sleep on whatever it is I'm reading. Like, for example, I knit and I use a pattern. The pattern is laying near me on the couch so i can refer to it now and then. So of course where does my cat want to sleep? Right smack dab in the middle of the pattern I'm trying to read!
    And the older they get, the weirder they get. But I love em.
    That's my cats and my homework. Just a bit ago I had an online, timed quiz in Chemistry..and up came three cats fighting over the open books on my lap!
  • CINDYB37
    CINDYB37 Posts: 2
    my cats lay on anything that might have my scent on it and they will rub their heads on my shoes if they smell my puppies on them cats are weird that way they are very possevive
  • rurukidoo
    rurukidoo Posts: 54
    Oh yes, my cat would love to do that, but with any shoes. We joke that he has a foot fetish! :laugh:
  • godroxmysox
    godroxmysox Posts: 1,491 Member
    I volunteer at a no-kill cat shelter and I always have 3 or 4 cats trying to lay on the log book as I'm trying to get caught up. And, don't you dare sit on the floor...they flock to you, haha....but I love them!
  • alex215
    alex215 Posts: 518 Member
    scaled.php?tn=0&server=705&filename=cat20flip20flops.png&xsize=640&ysize=640

just had to add a cute cat picture to this thread :)
  • 4jenniferk
    4jenniferk Posts: 307 Member
    I love love love cats.... I have three and if it's clean they want to put their hair all over it. If it's mine they will take it and hide it and if it's important it's as good as gone. I lost my favorite cat ever last October after 17 wonderful years with her and she was a dogcat... that's right. She fetched, curled up at the foot of the bed, loved to go for walks and overall had dog attributes in a cats body.
  • sunshine__angel
    sunshine__angel Posts: 366 Member
    LOL! My cat sleeps on my flip flops and running shoes. I actually have pictures of him laying on my sneakers with his feet inside them! What a freak!! :)
  • writtenINthestars
    writtenINthestars Posts: 1,933 Member
    Oh you gotta love cats. I lost my first cat January 2010 and realized I couldn't go on WITHOUT a cat in the house. So my friend gave me one black one, Bear and then I adopted another orange one, Diego.

Diego sleeps wrapped around my head every night and Bear is always in our shoes...he just plops down across them. And many days, I go to put my shoes on and find a bell ball or mouse inside...

Bunch of weirdos... but I love them :smile:
  • writtenINthestars
    writtenINthestars Posts: 1,933 Member
    I love love love cats.... I have three and if it's clean they want to put their hair all over it. If it's mine they will take it and hide it and if it's important it's as good as gone. I lost my favorite cat ever last October after 17 wonderful years with her and she was a dogcat... that's right. She fetched, curled up at the foot of the bed, loved to go for walks and overall had dog attributes in a cats body.

Haha, my black cat loves to play fetch....he has more fun chasing around a hair elastic than any of the elaborate toys I have bought him....and the other one LOVES the laser pointer...I've gotten that cat to jump all the way up one of our closet doors chasing that thing....
  • Jellyphant
    Jellyphant Posts: 1,400 Member
    My cat fetches and sleeps on my droid and my husband's laptop bag.
  • Jennjenn1974
    Jennjenn1974 Posts: 350 Member
    I have a 22lb demon disguised as a cat. This creature likes to hang out in the shower, has a plastic bag chewing fetish and likes to climb into the laundry basket as I am trying to fold. He also sleeps where ever he damn well pleases LOL
  • mommared53
    mommared53 Posts: 9,543 Member
    My cat and my son's cat both like to lay on plastic grocery bags. When I go to bed my cat likes to sleep on top of my feet.. My son's cat won't sleep on the bed if I'm in it. Weird.
  • otr12
    otr12 Posts: 632 Member
    My cat fetches and sleeps on my droid and my husband's laptop bag.
    Mine too!
    IMAG0028.jpg
    Her name is Boost. Shouldn't surprise anybody.
  • brewingaz
    brewingaz Posts: 1,136 Member
    Cats get into everything!
    1187096132.jpg
This discussion has been closed.