stubborn belly fat

Options
i am noticing i am leaning out from just under my boobs to just above my belly button and i then i have a little roll which seems to not want to go anywhere. what sorts of exercises can i do to target this area other than cardio, abs and eating clean? It is just a matte of giving it time and not expecting miracles overnight? i have noticed the older you get the more stubborn it is :(

Replies

• KetoCdn
    KetoCdn Posts: 33 Member
    Options
    i am noticing i am leaning out from just under my boobs to just above my belly button and i then i have a little roll which seems to not want to go anywhere. what sorts of exercises can i do to target this area other than cardio, abs and eating clean? It is just a matte of giving it time and not expecting miracles overnight? i have noticed the older you get the more stubborn it is :(
  • last25
    Options
    I have no answer for you. I'm in the same boat, except you add a little back fat to my dilemma :grumble: I hope Banks or any of the other MFP gurus sees this post and offers some insight. I'd like to know what to do as well, besides what we're already doing (eating clean, exercise, cal counting...)
  • Katy009
    Katy009 Posts: 579 Member
    Options

I think that cardio is the best (and abs....reverse abs help the lower area, too). There is no miracle exercise to get rid of it. And yes, the older you get, the more stubborn it gets. At 37, I think I have grown another set of boobs under my original ones.
  • TNTPete
    TNTPete Posts: 701 Member
    Options
    You lose weight over all of your body, there is no targeting. You can increase your muscle beneath but the fat remains on top. So yes, definitely do Ab work but, cardio, cardio, cardio -- and patience. (The patience :grumble: is the hardest for me).

I think there are quite a few of us with this issue.
  • Poison5119
    Poison5119 Posts: 1,460 Member
    Options
    Me too. And same as above, cardio, abwork, low-fat diet, patience.

sigh....
  • dewpearl
    dewpearl Posts: 561 Member
    Options
    Maybe genetics plays just a bigger role than 5%. I hope I'm wrong, but I don't think I'll ever upgrade from pear shape to the hourglass. *sigh* But then again, maybe what I find less appealing is what my hubby finds the sexiest. :laugh:

I'll keep an eye on this thread, though ;)