MFP Runner's Club - September 9

Options
Good morning

I ran 3 miles bright and early this morning.

I can't wait to hear from you! What are you up to today?

-Kechie.

Replies

• kechiemc
    kechiemc Posts: 1,355 Member
    Options
    Good morning

I ran 3 miles bright and early this morning.

I can't wait to hear from you! What are you up to today?

-Kechie.
  • MargieM
    MargieM Posts: 2,248 Member
    Options
    No running today, but I did get on the elliptical for 35 minutes. Went 2.5 miles on it. Funny how it uses some different muscles than running. My legs felt very rubbery when I was done. Had to walk around the track a couple of times until they were under me again. Did a few light weights for arms, but not much. Too many people in the weight room and it was time to get ready for work. Have a great day!
  • Shannon023
    Shannon023 Posts: 14,529 Member
    Options
    Nice going early birds, Kechie & Margie!!! :drinker:

No run for me today, but hope to get a bike ride in later.

Have a great post-Monday! :heart:
  • SherryRH
    SherryRH Posts: 810 Member
    Options
    Did a 5k this am. I am having a really bad shin issue so it was at a slow pace. Have a great run everyone.
  • samccarthy
    Options
    no run for me as I do power yoga on Tues and Thurs. today was a great workout! I will walk today, though.

Sheryl
  • areay
    areay Posts: 463
    Options
    I went to spinning this morning! A great workout!
  • Nich0le
    Nich0le Posts: 2,906 Member
    Options
    3 miles and tonight I will be roller blading while my son rides his bike. That kid has more energy than a power plant on days that a recess gets cut out for computers or library time. If schools would realize boys just need to run and climb about 10 minutes every couple of hours! He is like a freaking monkey, but he's mine (even when he smells like one :laugh: )
  • TNTPete
    TNTPete Posts: 701 Member
    Options
    4.5 mile interval run today!!

No spin class for me until I get back home... :grumble: oh well.. more focus on running!!

Happy trails!
  • Mireille
    Mireille Posts: 5,134 Member
    Options
    No run for me.
    Did a spinning class and an ab class. I was surprised on how many calories I burnt during spinning. That class was no joke!! I really liked it tho!
  • StrawberryMargarita
    Options
    I did 3.17 miles. It was a little short only because I got up late and was super hot and I am still recovering from my really good run two days ago. But being in a hurry put my speed at 11:41 per mile. way better than some of my runs.

Have to go to Vegas today (what a bummer:bigsmile: )
    But really, my mom is having a little heart thing done, stints put in and I am going to go out and be supportive. She doesn't even know I am going yet. My brother is coming from farther away, it is only a three hour drive for me.

So glad I got in a run this morning!!!!! Even a short one.

OH!!!
    I lost the 3 pounds I gained eating that stupid cake last week from my stupid husbands stupid birthday that the stupid neighbor made!!!! God it was sooooo good!:laugh: :laugh: :laugh:
  • Shannon023
    Options
    I did 3.17 miles. It was a little short only because I got up late and was super hot and I am still recovering from my really good run two days ago. But being in a hurry put my speed at 11:41 per mile. way better than some of my runs.

But really, my mom is having a little heart thing done, stints put in and I am going to go out and be supportive. She doesn't even know I am going yet. My brother is coming from farther away, it is only a three hour drive for me.

OH!!!
    I lost the 3 pounds I gained eating that stupid cake last week from my stupid husbands stupid birthday that the stupid neighbor made!!!! God it was sooooo good!:laugh: :laugh: :laugh:

Woo-Hoo on losing the stupid three pounds!! :laugh:

How long will you be in Vegas? I bet your Mom will thrilled to see you! :flowerforyou:
  • jessmomof3
    jessmomof3 Posts: 4,590 Member
    Options
    Hello, runners!! I ran y'day, so today I did 3.5 miles on the elliptical, and then an 800 yd swim. Felt great to get back in the pool, it's been at least a month since I've done laps! I signed my girls up for fall swimming lessons too, they start on Thurs. :happy:

Have a good one!

Jess
  • FitMomof3
    Options
    Wow alot of you already posted today. I ran for about 45 minutes this morning at a faster than usual pace using walking for my warmup and cool down.

I am signed up for another 5k this Saturday. I'm going to try to beat my previous best time of 26 min and 25 sec but we'll see. I thought that time was pretty good and I don't know if I'll be able to go much faster. I'll let you know...

Have a great day!
  • jessmomof3
    jessmomof3 Posts: 4,590 Member
    Options
    Wow alot of you already posted today. I ran for about 45 minutes this morning at a faster than usual pace using walking for my warmup and cool down.

I am signed up for another 5k this Saturday. I'm going to try to beat my previous best time of 26 min and 25 sec but we'll see. I thought that time was pretty good and I don't know if I'll be able to go much faster. I'll let you know...

Have a great day!

That's a great time!! I'm doing a 10K on Sat, so I'll be thinking of you as I'm racing also! I don't think it will be my fastest race, but I'm running w/ my cousin so we will have fun!

Jess
  • StrawberryMargarita
    Options

OH!!!

Woo-Hoo on losing the stupid three pounds!! :laugh:

How long will you be in Vegas? I bet your Mom will thrilled to see you! :flowerforyou:

I am actually leaving right now, but had to check up on the runners.
    I am only going for one night. As long as everything goes right!!!!
    Talk to you on Thursday.
  • carvan
    carvan Posts: 377 Member
    Options
    No run for me today, worked out with a trainer. My arms are noodles! All upper body workout done on stability ball or bosu! Can't wait 3 more days to run, hip feels better, will do a short easy run tomorrow.

Mireille: Doesn't spinning burn a ton of cals?? It is a great workout though, about the only thing it doesn't target are the arms. Even your core gets a workout

Strawberry Margarita: Glad to know the cake is gone! Hope your mom does well.

have a great rest of the day all!

Carol
  • Shannon023
    Options
    No run for me today, worked out with a trainer. My arms are noodles! All upper body workout done on stability ball or bosu! Can't wait 3 more days to run, hip feels better, will do a short easy run tomorrow.

Mireille: Doesn't spinning burn a ton of cals?? It is a great workout though, about the only thing it doesn't target are the arms. Even your core gets a workout

Carol

How's the hip? :flowerforyou:
  • bunnyr
    bunnyr Posts: 275 Member
    Options
    Am back in the swing of things now that my knee is behaving. Walked and ran intervals yesterday for an hour and for 35 minutes today and then did Pilates. I am trying to be good an ease back into running 2,3,4 minute intervals. So far so good!

:flowerforyou: Bunny
  • carvan
    carvan Posts: 377 Member
    Options

Carol

Shannon: Doing better, thank you, but couldn't do a crunch on the stability ball, it hurt. Shoulda seen my face, a look of total shock, certainly didn't expect pain while doing abs! Have 2 more days of healing before we get to lower body:noway:

Carol
    How's the hip? :flowerforyou:
  • reet34
    Options
    Whoo Hoo I have reached my running first goal!

Today is the mark of two weeks running 5 times a week for 30 minutes and now I am including some sprints. Some days I have sore shins but mostly it is all joy to move again.

"I love to Run" and you guys inspire me heaps so thanks!!