NO WEIGHT LOSS

Options
Can anyone tell me why after having weight loss at 2lb a week since last November i havent had anything happen for the last eight weeks. I am not doing anything any difference and i am afraid i will lose my will power very soon if i dont see any more results.
PLEASE HELP!

Replies

• cdthom
    cdthom Posts: 108 Member
    Options
    if you open up your diary people could look at it for you and see if anything needs to change
  • AmberBarrios
    AmberBarrios Posts: 394 Member
    Options
    Right there with ya. I lost consistent from May of 2010 through December then in January it just stopped, I tried zig zagging, changing workouts etc and still nothing. So I have now been stuck for 5 months!!! But I keep pushing cause I know eventually something has got to give! Keep going, you will get there!
  • StarryTrish
    Options
    You've hit a proverbial plateau. We've all encounter them & unfortunately more than once!

Here's some tips I found online... http://www.oprah.com/health/Weight-Loss-Advice-Fitness-Plateau-Dr-Katz/1
  • paloma1182
    paloma1182 Posts: 68 Member
    Options
    it sounds like you might be on a tiny plateau. Try switching up what you are eating? change your workout rountine a little too? maybe your body is getting used to everything and you have to shock it back into weight loss mode again.

have you tried doing your strength before your cardio? things like that. just move everything around. start eating some healthy different shacks. you can do it!!!
  • lynnmarie60
    lynnmarie60 Posts: 325
    Options
    Well you said you aren't doing anything different, maybe you should start. I was at a standstill after 3 months on Weight Watchers so I changed my exercise routine and eating habits and starting losing more. For example, instead of exercising 40-45 mins a day on the elliptical, I started trading off on doing 45-60 mins a day on different exercises (one day, ellliptical, next day jogging, next day exercise TV, next day walking, ect) and with food I started experimenting with different breakfast, lunch and dinner foods and it has helped me lose again.
  • MamaJilldo
    MamaJilldo Posts: 63 Member
    Options
    Your problem is how you stated it... "I'm not doing anything different" Your body has gotten used to your caloric intake and exercise routine.

You need to do one or both: change up your exercise routine...not necessarily making harder, but do exercises with intervals, switch up your cardio. i.e. if you run everyday, try a different cardio like kick boxing or biking or if you really like running, try sprinting for 2 minutes, walking for 30 sec. etc for however long. Second, fluctuate your calorie intake. i.e. one day allow 1200 cals, next day 1500, next 1100 etc. Changing it up confuses your body and it won't go into starvation mode where it holds on to fat.

You can also try chaning up foods if you eat the same thing everyday. Try adding more protein to your diet.

Your body simply got into a routine and regulated itself. Google "weight loss plateau" for more info.
  • rileysowner
    rileysowner Posts: 8,246 Member
    Options
    The previous posts about changing things up are all good. Also consider having a re-feeding day (some call it a cheat day but I don't like that term) eat well above your calorie budget, in fact even over your daily maintenance calories. Do obsess if the foods are "healthy" (whatever that really means) or not because you want your body to replenish its leptin levels. After prolonged restricted calories you have probably severely depleted them. Then go back to eating within your calorie budget. You could also on the day after your re-feeding day try an intermittent fast and don't eat again until 1 or 2 PM. I have heard good things about doing this right after a re-feeding day as a short term intermittent fast say of 18-24 hours (something I do regularly 1 or 2 times a week from supper one day to supper the next) will cause your body, especially with the Leptin levels bumped up but the refeeding, to burn a lot of fat. Then you could return to your normal eating.
  • Lunarokra
    Lunarokra Posts: 855 Member
    Options
    You've hit a proverbial plateau. We've all encounter them & unfortunately more than once!

Here's some tips I found online... http://www.oprah.com/health/Weight-Loss-Advice-Fitness-Plateau-Dr-Katz/1

Bump- good article thanks for sharing!