Packing food/drinks for Schlitterbahn!!

Options
Jellyphant
Jellyphant Posts: 1,400 Member
My family has always packed soda, capri suns and chips galore whenever we go to the beach, waterpark or anywhere on vacation.
This time, it's my husband and I hitting up Schlitterbahn this weekend, so I can finally pack some reasonable choices for us!

Any suggestions for foods that will not leave me in negatives when I log them and do well in a picnic basket all day?

Thanks!

Replies

• Tzavush
    Tzavush Posts: 389 Member
    Options
    nuts or seeds?
  • Charli666
    Charli666 Posts: 407
    Options
    rice cakes, tuna in cans can be opened once there, dried fruit, cereal bars, ?
  • Shweedog
    Shweedog Posts: 883 Member
    Options
    Water, string cheese, fruit, nuts, turkey wraps, raw veggies, etc.
  • tinaarroyo39
    Options
    I am pretty picky but I love carbonated beverages and that has been my biggest sacrifice. I just found a drink called Sparkling Ice and is has ZERO everything. Also take lots of fruits and stuff that has lots of water.

Good Luck and have FUN
  • syates83
    syates83 Posts: 87
    Options
    Bottled Waters, Diet Soda (if soda at all), fresh fruit, veggies w/ hummus, baked chips, granola bars, maybe packs some turkey wraps for something more substantial too! There's a lot of walking involved at Schlitterbahn! Have fun!
  • lynnmarie60
    lynnmarie60 Posts: 325
    Options
    Water, Fresh fruit in prepared baggies, fresh veggies with fat free dips, 100 calorie snacks and baked chips and diet soda (if you must have them).

For sandwiches; try lean meats (turkey, roast beef) with lite whole wheat bread with fat free american cheese with mustard.
  • SueInAz
    SueInAz Posts: 6,592 Member
    Options
    Fresh fruit is a must: grapes, apples, bananas, strawberries, etc. Pre-made tuna salad in foil envelopes are easy to pack and use. Celery sticks/crackers for the tuna salad. Other portable raw veggies like cucumber spears, sugar snap peas, broccoli, cauliflower, grape tomatoes with some light dressing for dipping.

I've always wanted to go to Schlitterbahn. We have such fun at Blizzard Beach when we get to go. Have a great time!
  • sbwood888
    sbwood888 Posts: 953 Member
    Options
    grapes
  • Jellyphant
    Options
    Sorry, forgot to add this to my question. Should I change my activity level on MFP for the day I'm spending at Schlitterbahn, since I have NO idea how I can log a day at a waterpark??
  • Sigra
    Sigra Posts: 374 Member
    Options
    Yay! You're from Austin too :)

Considering you will be in the sun all day, I would highly suggest that you take at least a few things that have some water in it, like Fruits! Apples, Oranges. Just chop them up and toss them in a bag so they are easy to eat when you pull them out!

Water, maybe some Crystal Light if you need some flavor. And/or Vitamin water. Chips might dry you out, but they can be good. - When thinking chips, think Pita or Veggie chips so you can still enjoy yourself.

Best of luck and I Hope you enjoy yourself :D
  • Jellyphant
    Options
    Yay! You're from Austin too :)

Considering you will be in the sun all day, I would highly suggest that you take at least a few things that have some water in it, like Fruits! Apples, Oranges. Just chop them up and toss them in a bag so they are easy to eat when you pull them out!

Water, maybe some Crystal Light if you need some flavor. And/or Vitamin water. Chips might dry you out, but they can be good. - When thinking chips, think Pita or Veggie chips so you can still enjoy yourself.

Best of luck and I Hope you enjoy yourself :D
    Nice! I love finding people in Austin, thanks for the add!
    And thanks, guys! I THINK I have a good idea on what I'm gonna pack now. :)
    Turkey wraps and/or turkey burgers!
  • jenvens
    jenvens Posts: 159 Member
    Options
    Don't forget the water bottles and La Croix! I used to not like La Croix, but it's my new addiction! If you haven't tried them, you should! It takes some getting used to but now when I try to drink Diet Dr Pepper...it's yucky.

Take a cooler with cut up fruit and salad too! Maybe even a healthy version of a chicken salad and if you like chips, they sell yummy Rice Adzuki Bean chips at HEB that I'm also addicted to!

Have fun! We'll be going at the end of June!
  • SueInAz
    SueInAz Posts: 6,592 Member
    Options
    Sorry, forgot to add this to my question. Should I change my activity level on MFP for the day I'm spending at Schlitterbahn, since I have NO idea how I can log a day at a waterpark??

I just spent 4 days at Disneyland. I logged each day as 8 hours of walking at 2 MPH when I was actually in the parks for 11 - 13 hours each day. You might also look at the difference between what your BMR is at active as compared to sedentary and add the difference as exercise calories.