Favorite breakfast?

Options
guppygirl322
guppygirl322 Posts: 408 Member
Hi everyone! I was just wondering what everyone's favorite things for breakfast are. I used to be addicted to a bowl of cereal in the morning (I confess, my favorites were Lucky Charms and Cocoa Crispies). Now, if I have cereal, I opt for more natural options but my favorite discovery is PARFAIT! It's like having dessert for breakfast to me, which is exactly what I loved about having a bowl of sugary cereal! I take half a cup of non fat greek yogurt (10g of protien right there) and add fresh fruit that I dice really small, a teaspoon of brown rice syrup and a sprinkling of some pumpkin flax granola on top. LOVE LOVE LOVE IT! It keeps me full for a long time and puts me in a good mood because I feel like I've had a big treat and it's only around 200 calories!

How about you guys? What food do you start your day with that just makes your whole day? :smile:

Replies

• bethrs
    bethrs Posts: 664 Member
    Options
    oatmeal with cinnamon, 1/4 tsp vanilla, and 1/2 tsp brown sugar and- separately, 1/4 cup of 1% cottage cheese.
  • nharr002
    nharr002 Posts: 22 Member
    Options
    I definitely go for a bowl of Special K Vanilla Almond with soy milk and a banana. Life wouldn't be the same without it. :)
  • burnguru25
    burnguru25 Posts: 37
    Options
    Special K, plain with fat free milk, low cal yogurt = 300cals
  • heartsandspades
    Options
    Oatmeal with peanut butter and berries = ~300calories

or Greek yoghurt and honey, and nuts/banana/berries if I have them!
  • jrueckert
    jrueckert Posts: 355 Member
    Options
    I know it's still sugary - but I CRAVE my Honey Bunches of Oats in the morning :) It puts me in a better mood if I have time to sit down and have a bowl!
  • bkelley32148
    bkelley32148 Posts: 279 Member
    Options
    yummy - i really like egg whites and turkey sausage
  • lismagee
    lismagee Posts: 3
    Options
    OMG...I just recently tried the Special K vanilla with almond...and I am so addicted!!!!:happy:
  • misjes1
    misjes1 Posts: 18
    Options
    I like Jimmy Dean De-lites (honey wheat muffin, cheese, canadian bacon, egg white) All for 240 Calories! Has a bunch of good stuff to get you going and is filling. I also like gala apples and a banana here and there.
  • End6ame
    End6ame Posts: 903
    Options
    Eggs and bacon.
  • blueliss26
    blueliss26 Posts: 79 Member
    Options
    i love a half cup of plain greek yogurt with a TB of peanutbutter stirred in and 1 splenda. cut up one apple and one banana and dip away. soooo yummy :o) I also have been sauteeing up a ton of veggies at once (bell peppers, onions, mushrooms, zucchini) , and then i'll cook up an egg or two... put eggs in a tortilla with some veggies and salsa for a delish breakfast wrap. I love these breakfasts, although most mornings i'm so rushed getting breakfast for 4 kids under 6 and out the door for preschool, that I end up with reg. cheerios and skim milk... def. doesn't hold me as long as the other options..
  • hopeless68
    hopeless68 Posts: 2
    Options
    Very similar. A cup of non-fat greek yogurt. 2 tsp of honey. 3 big strawberries chopped up. Then I have 3 Finn crips with sliced banana on. It's like a 2 course breakfast so it feels indulgent. Makes me hungry just thinking about it.
  • suzksell
    suzksell Posts: 48 Member
    Options
    I'm an oatmeal girl. Have been for as long as I can remember. I eat plain, old fashioned oatmeal with some kind of fruit mixed in (diced apples, raisins, strawberries, prunes, etc.). I never add sugar. About 2 hours after I eat that I usually have a banana. I'm pretty boring!
  • Bourgeoisqueen
    Bourgeoisqueen Posts: 69 Member
    Options
    I love banana smoothies with 1tsp of peanut butter...I need that extra kick in the morning because I am on my feet for approximately 6 hours and i don't get a chance to snack in between because of my work. It gives me an extra boost and I am more energized when I am able to work out first thing in the morning on my days off.

1 banana (small)
    light and fit vanilla yogurt 1/2 cup
    crushed ice
    1/2 cup of soy or almond milk
    1tbs flax seed
    1tsp creamy peanut butter

blend it in my oster on the go blender and viola...tasty
  • hopebuck
    hopebuck Posts: 138
    Options
    I love my oatmeal. 1/2c old fashioned oats with 1/2c water, 1/2 c almond milk sprinkle of cinnamon cooked in microwave and then i stir in 1/4c blueberries. 190cal and keeps me going til lunch time with my grande no room americano from starbucks :)

i would LOVE your parfait, but can't have dairy or fruit.... that bites :(
  • MsBurton80
    MsBurton80 Posts: 1 Member
    Options
    i eat cereal every also, but i eat Special K. today was my first time eating chocalate cheerios for breakfast and actually its less calories than Special K
  • new_view
    new_view Posts: 47 Member
    Options
    Two eggs and 3 slices of center cut bacon = +/- 210 cals depending on the brands and it is so filling and who doesnt love bacon!

Or

Organic Rolled Oats with stevia in the raw and cinnamon

Or

Thomas Bagel thin whole wheat with melted Brie Cheese

Or plain greek yogurt with 1 stevia in the raw pack and any fruits chopped up in it likee berries or cantaloupe

ALL SO YUMMMYYY I want them now.
  • sewerchick93
    sewerchick93 Posts: 1,440 Member
    Options
    oatmeal, old fashioned, not the quick, made with skim milk instead of water, cinnamon, natural peanut butter and fresh berries, usually blueberries....and a glass of V8 fusion.
  • GrowOrDie
    GrowOrDie Posts: 42
    Options
    Breakfast is exactly that... Breaking the fast, so the first thing in your body sets the tone for the rest of the day. It is important to skip that morning cup of coffee on an empty tummy and within 30 min of waking headed for some protein, either in cottage cheese, greek yogurt or eggs. Its also crucial top get those complex carbs in with that protein. Ie- Oats, or ezekiel bread (toast) the less sugar you start your day off with the less your cravings will be thoughout the day. My personal favorite breaky is:
    4/5 Egg whites with crushed red pepper, 1/2 cup of oats w/ chia or flax seeds (fiber), lots of cinnamon, a tbl of almond butter (healthy fats)and a pk of stevia. Also add some low sugar fruit like berries or grapefruit and you have the perfect macro breakfast! Remember 85% of weightloss or gain is what goes in your mouth! YUM!
  • kimmerroze
    kimmerroze Posts: 1,330 Member
    Options
    I LOVE a cup of light and fit vanilla yogurt (100 cals) 1/2 cup cottage cheese (100 cals) and an english muffin (100 cals) with 1 tbs peanut butter (90 cals) heated up.

Mix the yogurt and cottage cheese and have the heated or toasted peanutbutter english muffin on teh side! YUMMM!
  • lisapickering
    lisapickering Posts: 374
    Options
    I've never been an oatmeal person but I started eating Steel Cut Oats with 1 tbsp of brown sugar... and I LOVE it! I make a batch at the beginning of the week, put it in portion sized containers and it's easy for the week. I'm not a morning person so this helps!