Exercises for love handles!

Options
Does anyone know of some great exercises to reduce the appearance of love handles? This is probably the most annoying part of my body.. I'm not exactly 'fat' there, its just large and in charge haha. Thanks!

Replies

• burnguru25
    burnguru25 Posts: 37
    Options
    I second this! I need to lose these with a passion...
  • imaprncs
    imaprncs Posts: 77 Member
    Options
    me to!
  • kristaleigh26
    kristaleigh26 Posts: 1 Member
    Options
    There's no such thing as spot-reducing fat. The best advice I have for you is to do Moderate Intensity workouts like running, elliptical or biking which reduce fat from all over your body :) I've tried numerous exercises for love handles but none of them work. Just speaking from experience! Hope this helps :)
  • Lisa076
    Lisa076 Posts: 78
    Options
    Bump
  • hpsnickers1
    hpsnickers1 Posts: 2,783 Member
    Options
    Unfortunately you can't spot reduce or target burn. You just have to continue to lose body fat and eventually they will go down (or away).
  • H_82
    H_82 Posts: 418 Member
    Options
    Cardio.... Planks & side planks.
  • leighton1245
    leighton1245 Posts: 125
    Options
    Your abs are made and covered in the kitchen you have to eat right and exercise then you will see results you could do 1000 crunchs a day and if your not eating right there will be that little layer of skin"fat" that wont go away.
  • farmgirl88
    farmgirl88 Posts: 91 Member
    Options
    Unfortunately, target training alone won't make them go away. Overall weight loss and fitness and lots of cardio will reduce them over time. To strengthen muscles in the area to help, you can do exercises that target your obliques and back. Pilates focuses on strengthening and lengthening the core and works well for overall slimming and toning. Variations of side crunches (standing or laying) will target the obliques and doing "little swimmers" (lay flat on your stomach, lift your head, arms and legs off the ground by contracting your back muscles, and then alternate pumping your arms and opposite legs up as if you were swimming).
  • otr12
    otr12 Posts: 632 Member
    Options
    Your abs are made and covered in the kitchen.....
    I'm eating out of my glove box for now on.
  • erinhale
    erinhale Posts: 137 Member
    Options
    Cardio, Cardio, and more cardio. You have to do a combination of strenght and cardio to lose fat.
  • leighton1245
    leighton1245 Posts: 125
    Options

lol that is where i hide my protien bars
  • lbetancourt
    lbetancourt Posts: 522 Member
    Options
    Stick to 80% diet.. 20% excercise. That's how I lost the muffin top.
  • otr12
    otr12 Posts: 632 Member
    Options

lol that is where i hide my protien bars

They don't melt in there? Mine did, so I moved them to the closet with the cleaning supplies. I live with 3 guys so they're safe there.