success stories??

hi,

i just joined this website and i really want to lose about 15lbs. im just wondering if there's anybody with a success story.

thanks=D

Replies

• hi,

i just joined this website and i really want to lose about 15lbs. im just wondering if there's anybody with a success story.

thanks=D
  • finkkm
    finkkm Posts: 27 Member
    I'm studying abroad in Hong Kong, I joined this site about 3 months ago so I could lose weight before returning home for Christmas... and I've lost 15 lbs. So you can totally do it if I can. I love this site! :heart:
  • thanks for the reply. good luck with your studies.
  • JulieB21
    JulieB21 Posts: 492
    I began my journey back in September & joined this WONFERFUL site at the beginning of October. I have lost 43 pounds and tons of inches. This is a great group of very supportive people fighting the same battle. Welcome!:smile:
  • Razboo
    Razboo Posts: 439 Member
    Most people on this board that are being honest with themselves are a success story, I'm sure! Though we may have not reached our end goal yet, if anyone else is like me, then passing each 5 pound checkpoint is a major victory. I'm very close to breaking 195, which will be my 5th such victory since beginning around Oct 1.
  • diannholland1965
    diannholland1965 Posts: 782 Member
    I am with Razboo! :bigsmile: (BTW a HUGE CONGRATS RAZBOO! YOU WORKED HARD AND YOU ARE PROOF THAT THIS WORKS!)
    We all have success storys here.
    Each pound, Each inch is a success story. Each time you pass the cookie tray is a success story. Each time you add weight to your weight machine is a success story. Each time you add time to your cardio is a success story. EACH TIME YOU WALK IN THE GYM ONE MORE TIME is a success story.
    Each time you do not follow the lemers of bad health it is a success story.
    SO, you have reached a site of wonderful success stories. Each one different and small or large they are all wonderful. SO THAT is YOUR first success story. You joined us and took the first step.
    Myself...I have lost a little over 20 pounds in the 3 months that I have been on this site.
    --Diann...:flowerforyou:
  • yoginimary
    yoginimary Posts: 6,783 Member
    Very well said Diann.

For me success is losing 8 lbs in 2.5 months. Everyone loses at a different rate, so don't ever think your are failing if you don't lose that 1 or 2 lbs a week.
  • I have lost 33 lbs since joing in late August! I have been overweight for nearly 10 years so for me, this is a HUGE accomplishment. I still have another 20 lbs to go before I reach my goal weight and another 35 until I am at my ideal weight according to my doctor. Either way, I'm happy with my progress and if I can do it, anyone can! Good luck.

Betty
  • nopogal
    nopogal Posts: 162
    I've lost 15 lbs since i started here due to my boot camp and tracking my calories. It really does make a difference to be accountable for what you've eaten. Remember to be honest with yourself...you're only cheating yourself if you lie. Good luck! It's worth it!
  • deanea
    deanea Posts: 1,437
    I lost 9 lbs in 6 weeks and am staring maintenance now!
  • kistinbee
    kistinbee Posts: 3,688 Member
    I definetely agree with Diann. I started this site at the beginning of November and have lost 12 pounds (success #1). I've found myself more aware of what I'm putting in my mouth (success #2), and I've gotten somewhat addicted to going to the gym (success #3). I have started making more healthy meals for my husband (success #4) and have convinced several good friends to utilize this site as well (success #5). Plus, I have gained a new appreciation for those "fit" people out there and realize that someday, I can actually achieve the goals I want (success #6). So, my attitude has totally changed and I am excited for what tomorrow brings! (Sucess #7,8,9,10,11,12,.............) So, welcome and I look forward to hearing all about your many successes you will achieve!!:bigsmile:

*kistinbee*
  • denmother46
    denmother46 Posts: 272 Member
    Success for me is looking forward to exercising every day and feeling weird when I don't. Success is going to parties and having one or two little nibbles before dinner and then only eating half (or less) of what is served and feeling like it was a treat. Success is having one glass of wine instead of three and not eating dessert.

All these successes have added up to a 24 pound weight loss in a little over three months.
    Welcome and look forward to hearing your successes!!
  • wow thanks for all the replys. :flowerforyou:
  • cmriverside
    cmriverside Posts: 33,937 Member
    Welcome!

Diann said it wonderfully.
    Success
    - start weight 195 Aug 22 / now 172 for a loss of 23 lbs so far, 18 to go.
    - there are veggies in my refrigerator, and no ice cream
    - I don't have that "muffin-top" over my jeans waistband anymore
    - I get right back on track ASAP if I go over in eating too much one day, instead of giving up
    - I've bought some really nice shoes in anticipation of getting to buy new clothes
    - I've given away my fat clothes
    - I feel GREAT- I have so much more energy! And I feel like I look great
    - I'm saving money by eating so well
    - I'm saving money by not drinking as often
    - My skin and hair are better (I credit the good diet, water, and exercise)
    - By coming to this site and using it, you will have all these and many more succeses. And you have all of us for support!

Good luck, you can do it.

~Cheryl