Weight Training

Options
I prefer weight training to cardio, and I know it helps burn fat, but when I enter it into the diary here it doesn't add any more calories back to my daily allotment. Why not? Am I not supposed to eat any extra?

Replies

• RDH0513
    RDH0513 Posts: 245 Member
    Options
    log it under cardio exercises as strength training :)
  • RunHardBeStrong
    RunHardBeStrong Posts: 33,069 Member
    Options
    log it under cardio exercises as strength training :)

+1
  • marnieinMB
    marnieinMB Posts: 196 Member
    Options
    or circuit training...the key is to not let your heart rate go sown in between reps and sets.
  • CriticalX
    CriticalX Posts: 212 Member
    Options
    I prefer weight training to cardio, and I know it helps burn fat, but when I enter it into the diary here it doesn't add any more calories back to my daily allotment. Why not? Am I not supposed to eat any extra?
    smart woman!
  • reba971
    reba971 Posts: 80
    Options
    I do too! Cardio=yuck! If you want to eat the calories you burn with weight training, just do as they ^^^^ said and log it as cardio under strength training. I usually don't...just cause I eat enough already! Do you use machines or free weights?
  • AGG115
    AGG115 Posts: 62
    Options
    I usually just use the circuit. It's nice and quick since I don't have to set anything up and I like the movement control because my joints are awful. I'll do one set on each machine without stopping so I can keep my heart rate up, then go around and do the whole circuit one or two more times.