1200 calorie dieters?

Options
MrsT_2009
MrsT_2009 Posts: 90 Member
I weighed between 164 and 167 when I started focusing on losing right after Christmas. I got down to 154 by March and then stayed there until I began a weight loss competition on May 1st. The first week on the new plan I lost 4.2 pounds! But...the second week I gained .2 and the third week I lost only that .2. My goal is 135 so I have 15 pounds to go. Is there anyone out there following a 1200 calorie diet whose food diary I can see? I'm looking for examples and ideas to ramp this thing up!

Thanks!

Replies

• ladyhawk00
    ladyhawk00 Posts: 2,457 Member
    Options
    I realize this isn't what you're asking, but actually 1200 is probably no longer appropriate for you. The closer you get to a healthy BMI, the more conservative your deficit needs to be. Too large of a deficit can impede weight loss, or lead to significant loss of muscle. I'd recommend reading these threads to help determine a healthy, realistic goal/deficit for the stage you're at.

http://www.myfitnesspal.com/topics/show/61706-guide-to-calorie-deficits

http://www.myfitnesspal.com/topics/show/186814-some-mfp-basics
  • cweiler4
    cweiler4 Posts: 374 Member
    Options
    I follow 1200 calories. You can check mine out. We have the same goals ahead. I started at 165 and am now down to 153. These last two weeks I have increased my protein intake which has allowed me to lose 3lbs this week so far. Feel free to friend me as well as we can keep each other motivated. Good luck.
  • mountainwoman98
    mountainwoman98 Posts: 182 Member
    Options
    I agree with Ladyhawk...I just upped my calories too 1300 & seem to have started losing again. You can look at my diary if you want.
  • aejbx4x7s
    aejbx4x7s Posts: 111
    Options
    I am on 1200/calories a day. I do 1200 net calories, though, which means that I end up doing cardio most days. Exercise is a must for me.

One of my favorite meals now is only about 160 calories. I use about 1/3 cup onion, 1/3 of some other veggies I might have (recently, squash) and saute those without butter or oil until they brown a bit. I add 1/4 tbs of butter to the pan and fry a large egg (60 calories) in the pan. I then add 2 cups of spinach and put a lid over the pan so that the egg cooks and the spinach steams. The veggies and eggs all have lots of flavor and nutrients with few calories. You can always up the size of the portions or add more eggs. I also substitute tofu for an egg occasionally, a good option for vegetarians or vegans (changing the butter also).

If you start getting creative, you'll find there are lots of meals like this which are delicious, nutrient-rich, and low calorie.
    Feel free to add me and check out my food diary.
  • Helice
    Helice Posts: 1,075 Member
    Options
    Im going for 1,200 calories too.
    It's my default MFP goal...
    MY diary is open to everyone all the time.
    But i WOULDN'T recommend folloiwing the food's iv eaten the past week or so..
    I just started a new job and the diet seems to be going totally out of the window!! ='[
    Good luck on getting to your goal weight!
  • froggzy1015
    froggzy1015 Posts: 178 Member
    Options
    If you are doing 1200 calories a day you need to eat back your exercise calories too. If you burn 200 calories then you should eat around 1400. You don't want your body to go into starvation mode. Plus, you can eat foods that are healthy, filling and low in calories. Friend me if you'd like and you can check out my diary. I generally eat 1300-1400, I'm 5'2 and 134 that is with my exercise calories. Hope that helps!
  • MrsT_2009
    MrsT_2009 Posts: 90 Member
    Options
    Thanks everyone! You're all awesome!!!
  • gail2207
    gail2207 Posts: 133
    Options
    I'm on 1200, add me if you want my diary is available to view :)